Tapout

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    FAIL

reasoning with idiots on the internet is not > being productive at work.

glwt

Wait..... which one was I? :laugh:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    if you actually train BJJ or any other MMA style, you DO tapout alot.. theres no point in injuring yourself while training. its the big ego losers that dont tapout until you injure them.

Wouldn't it be better to win? And if you're advertising a brand wouldn't you want to advertise that your stuff wins all the time? And if you're going to be a poser why pose as the guy who gave up?

Have you ever watched an MMA match? There are some serious holds that I find myself yelling "TAP OUT DAMN IT!" at the television.

And just because you tap out occasionally doesn't mean you don't have any wins under you. It just means that you're smart enough to know when to throw in the towel and not get hurt.

Had they thrown in the towel earlier in Rocky III Apollo wouldn't have died.

That was Rocky IV, sir. Rocky III was Mr. T as the great Clubber Lang.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    No what gets me going are the guys who wear Tap Out gear and swagger around spouting off how bad *kitten* they are. When you engage them in conversation they have no clue WTF you are talking about...

This annoys me as well. probably more then it should.
    I dont really talk to anyone about it though... Usually I notice it when theirs a fight on TV in public(like a bar), or at a fight and they're out in the crowd yelling something stupid...
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Ever been in a full-out correctly applied arm bar? Sorry but I will tap out in a heart beat versus losing the ability to ever use that arm again.

I am not MMA- I am krav maga. I do full contact with a mouthguard and MMA gloves. I fight to the end and have suffered broken and fractured ribs, multiple bloody noses, cracked sinuses (I leaked blood from my eye for 4 days), a cracked sternum, etc. All of that I can take and dont tap out.

Arm bars, blood chokes, various submission holds, etc I tap out. I like my cartilage and ligaments where they are. Its training- not a full on life or death fight.

No what gets me going are the guys who wear Tap Out gear and swagger around spouting off how bad *kitten* they are. When you engage them in conversation they have no clue WTF you are talking about... (like the guy in my gym who went around telling people he was trained for MMA when he was in SEAL Team 6.... yeah right...)

so much of this. the only thing different is that i do MMA not Krav Maga (not knocking it at all, just saying that that is the only thing i would say differently if i posted this lol)
  • Martialartsgirl
    Martialartsgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    'Tapout' isn't meant to express what you're doing. Its what you plan to make the other person do.

Besides, tapping out is no bad thing. When you do bjj/mma, you spend a lot of your first few months tapping out, and no matter how good you are there is always someone who can tap you out.

Saying its not inspirational is like saying 'feel the burn' or 'no pain no gain' is not inspirational. The burn and pain of training helps you grow, even though it sucks at the time. Tapping out will help you grow, as a fighter.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Jebus!
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    Jebus!

Sweet baby jebus?

Sweet 8 pound, 6 ounce baby jebus?
  • lynchburg85
    lynchburg85 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is directed at the person in front of you not the person wearing the shirt...

The brand has flooded the market and become a joke brand. No body respects the brand within the community.

Lynchburg
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    in any case, most people into training think of the Tapout brand as a 'poser' brand.. its what wannabes wear to be cool.
    most guys that train everyday have a ****load of cheap gear and only a few branded gear.. because if you're wearing it everyday, it gets worn and used.. other then actual competition, there's no point in wearing branded gear.. you're with the same people in the gym everyday anyway.

QFT. I get the joke, I don't wear Tapout stuff. Same reason I don't wear Affliction stuff. Over priced, ****ty quality. I have a set of Tapout MMA sparring gloves I got for free, but that's it. Most of my gear is either Sprawl (best shorts I've ever owned) or discount stuff I found at MMAHQ or Combat Sports.

Real fighters don't give a **** about brand names.
  • blueduckie
    blueduckie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just don't get why the MMA juiceheads want to advertise that they give up.

I think I'm going to start a line of athletic clothing and call it "Towel Thrower"

Haha this made me giggle! I get what you mean, but they idea it that you get the other person to 'tap out' ;)
    However, the reality is, if you actually train MMA then you tap out a hell of a lot to avoid injury :) x
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Jebus!

Sweet baby jebus?

Sweet 8 pound, 6 ounce baby jebus?

Pretty much.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.
    I don't really care though either.

Although most people that wear Tap Out gear are NOT fighters, and just douche bags...
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I don't get it.

Although most people that wear Tap Out gear are NOT fighters, and just douche bags...

It was some stupid sh1t I posted 25 years ago while wasting time on a Friday at work. All these decades later people suddenly feel the need to explain it again.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    I don't get it.

It was some stupid sh1t I posted 25 years ago while wasting time on a Friday at work. All these decades later people suddenly feel the need to explain it again.

Cool.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Holy santa claus **** this OP was from August
  • sjohnny
    Options

Hence my initial "Jebus"
  • TylerJ76
    Options

Hence my initial "Jebus"

But yet you keep bumping it.
    :wink:
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Hence my initial "Jebus"

because every new post brings it to the to of "My Topics".....
  • sjohnny
    Options

Hence my initial "Jebus"

No. I wouldn't do something like that. Not me.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Hi OP,

I think they're saying "I attempt to get OTHER people to tapout"