work out video..

Options
Anyone have advice on a work out video full of aerobics? Not sure I'm up for the Tybo kind of work out to start, a little too vigorous for me. Also, would a protein drink be wise, in place of a meal? If so, what kind?

Thanks for any feedback!:happy:

Replies

• MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a nut for Richard Simmons exercise videos. The grand kids think its fun and work out with me when I work out while babysitting. The PCD workout is on Youtube, as is Zumba.

I also have a Tai Chi video, more meditative, but still a good workout.

I use Muscle Milk Light as a protein drink option. You can get it pre-mixed or powder form. I prefer the powder form, because I make up my own sugar free oatmeal mixes, and that gives them a protein boost.

:happy:
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'd love to try ChLean Extreme. I have Insanity and also a bunch of Jillian Michaels videos.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've done a variety of different types of workouts, but one of my all time favs in Zumba because I love to dance. It took a few tries to get all the moves down, but with Zumba or any dancing workout, you can really get into it and add your own flare. I have a HRM and burn around 650 calories doing 45 min of Zumba. Hip Hop Abs are fun and the instructor on the DVD is Shaun T who also does Insanity. If you're looking for only cardio, do Zumba. If you're looking for cardio/strenth, do 30 Day Shred or Insanity.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Chalene? Is that the Turbo Jam chick? I always thought it was Shalene.

I was doing Turbo Jam but I got so annoyed with her that I had to find something else to do. Besides her "motivation" I was confused that she would instruct "us" to tilt the pelvis under and keep the shoulders back, but when they showed her and the other participants in profile, they all had their shoulders forward (much like Shaun T's "tilt-tuck-tighten." It seems silly to me to tell people to do something that you can't even maintain yourself.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you are a beginner at exercise Jillian Michaels might be a bit much at first. I do like the Biggest Loser DVDS. Also Any of the Leslie Sansone Walking DVDS are good too. I have a couple that are aerobic/dancing ones by Billy Blanks Jr. (son of the taebo guy). The first is Cardioke and it is kind of fun! Google them he has several.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    you can watch clips at collagevideo.com
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'll PM you!
  • di2losew8
    Options
    If you are advanced then Jillian is really good she will make you feel the burn....extremely well. I have the 30 day shred and have yet to get to week 3, but that's just me I have bad knees!
  • di2losew8
    Options
    you can watch clips at collagevideo.com

I forgot about that site i have ordered from there before and they are pretty good.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Check out Biggest Loser Cardio Max (you can find it on Youtube). Jillian's DVDs can be modified too and some are pretty short. I'm doing 30 Day Shred...it's only about a third cardio because it's 2min of every 6min circuit but it's only 20min and is a good all-around workout with limited equipment needed (yoga mat & small weights)

For protein, I had a whole discussion on this this morning. I tried Syntha 6 Vanilla this morning and it was very good. A little high in calories but the taste was awesome. I had been using EAS Myoplex because that was the best available locally...tolerable but not great. I drink a scoop of protein + a cup of milk (almond, coconut or 2%) after I work out for 20min. I'd probably add a coconut water or banana or something if I worked out longer.
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Tai Bo is actually pretty good. There is an 8-min video that's a good way to get started and not too overwhelming.

Protein shakes - ViSalus Vi Shape Shake Mix! It's the absolute tastiest! I can give you more info if you want to message me about it. Or just google it to get more info! It's amazing stuff!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com ...... as others have mentioned. This will give you tons of information & video clips. This will help you find DVDs that fit.

If you want simple - low impact (I have 1 bad knee) - Leslie Sansone Walk at Home is a good start. The DVDs are chaptered at the miles .... so you can do as much (or little) as you like. After you get used to them, you bump up the moves easily by using light handweights, higher knees, bigger arms, etc.

They sell this one at Target .... lots of variety:
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-ultimate-5-day-walk-plan-6155
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love Tai Bo, There's a collection of videos from the early ninties with a great instructional video to get you started. If you can get past the spandex suits, it's totally worth it. In the past, I've never had to lose more than 5lbs at a time so the basic video 3 times a week was good for me.