Anyone else an emo child at heart and love Brand New?

Options
Just seeing if there are others who love the sounds of Brand New, Elliot Smith, Morrissey, The Smiths, Atreyu, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard, Underoath, Bayside, Something Corporate, From First To Last, Rise Against, Chevelle, The Fall of Troy, Dead Poetic, Boys Night Out, The Bled, AFI, City & Color, Alexisonfire, Mae, From Autumn To Ashes, Armor For Sleep, Student Rick, Bright Eyes, Devendra Banhart, Tegan & Sara, M. Ward...

Replies

• tephyyy
    tephyyy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Dashboard, Underoath <333, From First to Last, TAKING BACK SUNDAY!! And I like a couple other bands in your list, you have great music taste! :)
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you have listed some of my favs ( = Something Corporate <3

I also LOVE metal <3
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of these bands, but this thread sort of makes me ashamed of that. 'Emo' child at heart? No. I just like good music..
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yup! Me! I love love Conor Oberst - met him several times in various states, he just likes skinny b!tches!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    "Your Favorite Weapon" is one of my favorite albums ever! But the newer stuff I can kind of take or leave. :drinker:
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i love something corporate! & jacks mannequin ♥

dashboard of course!! plus he is hot!! oh my.

TBS is a given... brand new i like their old stuff! Your Favourite Weapon is the best!
  • hottbutch
    Options
    I like a lot of these bands, but this thread sort of makes me ashamed of that. 'Emo' child at heart? No. I just like good music..

Only reason to be ashamed is if you are insecure. It's a joke. No need to be a negative nancy..
  • hottbutch
    Options
    Oh good! I'm going to see Brand New tonight!! I'm super excited!! I'm a Deja Entendu fan but I love all their albums.
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    Oh god all of those <3
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Chevelle is the only one of those that i have even heard of. I'm an 80s/90s chic. :smokin:
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of any of those...
  • hottbutch
    Options
    Chevelle is the only one of those that i have even heard of. I'm an 80s/90s chic. :smokin:

Then you should know Morrissey/The Smiths or Elliot Smith!? :D
  • rebeccaboer
    rebeccaboer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I love so many of these bands, but I'm in love with Tegan and Sara.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Making me feel old even though I am only 25... never heard of any of those either.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

I also LOVE metal <3

Please tell me you don't consider any of these to be any genre of metal. :ohwell:
  • todietfor
    Options
    i will always have a place in my heart for conor oberst
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate myself for admitting this but yes! I freaking love Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, and really most of the bands you just listed. Now my whole FL is judging me, haha!
  • todietfor
    Options
    Making me feel old even though I am only 25... never heard of any of those either.

morrissey/the smiths are from the 80s, so i guess that should make you feel young :)
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    so many good bands listed! i also <3 brand new!
  • todietfor
    Options

I also LOVE metal <3

oh, how many times did i listen to "konstantine" on repeat in highschool? the answer is like, a million.