Face - Highschool to Current {PIC HEAVY}

Options
Diary_Queen
Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
Recently, I reached the 365 days of logging into MFP mark. I hadn't met my goal of losing 100 lbs. I hadn't gotten to a mini-GW of being under 200 lbs. (ONEderland). I was down on myself. I was up 7 lbs. on the scale. I was binge eating at night.

Today, I feel a bit better and wanted to post my progress pics. These will come up slowly in a series. Going to start with faces first (p90x shots and body candids will also be separate posts when I get the photoshopping work done).

It shows pics of me from high school (I was not "high school skinny", I actually weigh less now!)... all the way through this month (Aug. 2012). My weight has gone up and down and mostly stayed around or over 300 lbs. My highest estimated weight was in college and I was over 400... pushing closer to 450.

I lost a good bit of weight through the Weight Watchers program and through taking walks at lunch -- that's how it all started. Just eating less, eating cleaner and moving my body. I have since competed in a 5k, taken step, zumba and bootcamp fitness classes; done 1 round of p90x and am currently doing another round; increased my strength and stamina and balance. It's hard work every single day and I'm not perfect at it. I don't come online and log in weight loss every day. I struggle with bloating and fatigue and stress, but I'm still here and that's the point. I'm still pushing play on the DVDs at home. I'm still moving my body and eating less than I ate when I was 400+ lbs. It will happen for me, eventually. I know that's a realists approach, but that works for me.

Please feel free to friend me anytime -- no message necessary!

418826_370539679682483_2079901792_n.jpg

Replies

• dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You have no reason to be down on yourself. Ok, so you didn't meet your goal. But look at yourself! You look so much before in the now pictures than you did back in highschool. You'll get there eventually. And don't forget that very few people stick to their efforts for one entire year, but you did!
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!! Looking great I can defiantly see a big difference in your face.
  • subtlewhisper
    subtlewhisper Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your attitude is positive and not only do your look slimmer, but, you look healthy.
    I look forward to reading your updates. :happy:
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great job on the losses so far! Be proud of yourself, girl!! Great photos...you can totally tell the dfference. You are doing great - keep up the great work!! Believe in yourself and get back on it - no more nighttime eating! :)
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have lost a great deal of weight! You should feel very proud. Now keep up the hard work and get 'er done. :tongue:
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    You like anit-aged girl! Looking good!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for checking out my progress. I also have a ton of pics on FB if anyone would like to find me there. Just PM me and I'll give you the link
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Whoa, lady! That's like HALF of you! I'm totally impressed! Thanks for the inspirational story.
  • mum2tess
    Options
    You look amazing and what a difference in your face, well done...I think a huge pat on the back is needed, what an achievement !
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    91 pounds lost! That's awesome! You should be so proud of yourself. Remember to just take it day by day and maybe set new goals to re-energize your enthusiasm to keep going. You go girl!
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your face issuch a difference. So slim. I lost 110 pounds in a year on WW. After regaining about 30 pounds, I made a switch recently to MFP. I have been back losing and loving things. Keep up the hard work and you will reach your goals completely, but don't forget to celebrate your accomplishments along the way.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    You look wonderful! And it doesn't look like your face has aged at all :) I have to have somewhat of a realist approach too...otherwise I become a perfectionist and am way too hard on myself. I have to learn how to push myself but still realize that I have limits, and that is a daily struggle trying to find the balance.
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow...what an accomplishment and inspiration...I just can't help mention that you looks so beautiful even in your older photos. But yes, I can see the weight difference....you have come so far in one year WOW!!!!! 91 pounds is alot to be proud of!
  • romare777
    romare777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You will meet your goals if you keep on going and stay motivated. 1 to 2 pounds a week is a good start.
  • vravelline
    Options
    You are doing a great job!!!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You have NO reason to be disappointed with your progress. You are so much healthier than you where when you started!!! The difference in your face is apparent!

Maybe you should change the way you plan your goals... instead of giving yourself a time period the achieve your goal, maybe you should just give yourself a weight/measurement/ achievement goal without an actual end date... this way it'll be a matter of WHEN you achieve your goal, not a matter of IF you achieve it. Just a thought!

I look forward to seeing your other progress pics. Keep up the great work!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look like a different person! You are beautiful and have done something amazing! Good job!! Best wishes for continued success !!:flowerforyou:
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    Wow! you look younger and happier. Love your positive outlook!!

Congratulations on loosing 91lbs!!!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    You have no reason to be down on yourself. Ok, so you didn't meet your goal. But look at yourself! You look so much before in the now pictures than you did back in highschool. You'll get there eventually. And don't forget that very few people stick to their efforts for one entire year, but you did!

ditto! congratulations on all you have achieved so far!! your commitment is impressive!
  • kbrob14
    kbrob14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great! You truly look so much younger! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!