Had an emotional break-down last night

Options

Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the break-down, mine was a week ago. Was doing a steady job of losing until mid-April, since then I have gained and lost up to 5 pounds. It is so frustrating to see the scale go up and down, then up, then up, then down! The same little 1.5 pounds seems to keep playing games with me. BUT then I found this site and I hopefully have broken that plateau and kicked that 1.5 pounds to the curb for good! I do Weight Watchers in addition to this, WW wasn't doing such a great job (free fruits and veggies my butt), so I joined MFP and have seen a difference.

My husband sounds like yours. When I had my break-down he was very encouraging and telling me to look how far I've come. he too threw my words back to me..."I didn't put this weight on overnight and it won't come off overnight". Don't ya just hate it when they use your own words against you..lol! But it worked!! He is my biggest supporter and I love him for that!

Keep your chin up....a new day is coming!! :flowerforyou:
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Next time that happens, drive to my house and we will do Abba Just Dance. No one can be sad through that.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    you didn't get fat overnight, and it won't come off overnight!

sadly :P
  • rjorgy4
    rjorgy4 Posts: 10
    Options
    It will be ok....day by day, that's all you can do.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! You ARE making progress. And I know you don't want to hear it....but stay off the scale!!! Had you not gotten on it you may have wound up having a perfectly lovely evening with your husband instead of a crying fit. Stay off the scale, don't let it dictate how you should feel about yourself!! Go by how you feel, how your clothes feel. Pick a day once a week if you must to weigh in...preferably first thing in the morning in your birthday suit and after you pee. Also I did peak at your diary. It's a bit processed food heavy - 2 fiber one bars a day and a Miss Debbie snack and a protein bar......you might want to trim that down a bit. Good luck you're on the right track:flowerforyou: Oh and did I mention STAY OFF THE SCALE!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. Tell me about frustration...Honestly I don't know how but we just have to get over with it and move on. I actually did feel better afterwards and was able to move along...until next breakdown. :(

Good luck to you.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    those are the times when you say screw the scale and say you're just going to do it for your future self and for health...

hopelessness has no place in just trying to be the healthiest you can be! i also don't think being fit and in shape (regardless of scale number) is a goal to give up on.

so the scale doesn't move...pthh, doesn't mean you don't have to! ;)
  • AmyCBBarela
    AmyCBBarela Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can understand your situation and all that, but on a side note, Can I borrow your husband? I swear I'll return him in good condition I promise :wink: My significant other is supportive but just doesn't seem to realize what a struggle this can be. Love him but he can be a bit clueless :tongue:
  • pipjiggles
    Options
    Maybe it's time to go shopping! Sometimes that helps remind me how far I have come. Turn it into a date and reward both you and hubby for being so fantastic together!

I think plateaus are the calm before the storm...ie, you are about to lose key pounds that will really redefine your body. It sounds like you recently changed your calories maybe you need to find a new exercise that seems too fun to be work. We have been taking up tennis and dusting off our bikes. It's always nice to burn some calories while smilimg instead of thinking of ways to hurt the people on the TV! Ha, ha, jk...kind of.

Just keep at it! YOU are fab!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own struggles. What's important to you, someone else might think is just crazy silly. It's YOUR journey. If it bothers you, well, it bothers YOU. I went through this yesterday with my sister. She kept trying to tell me I didn't eat badly. Really? Well, I work my *kitten* of 4X a week, to what? Maintain? Yes, I need to fix my food. SHE didn't think so. But, this isn't HER journey. For what it's worth, I've done the very same thing you did last night. Sometimes, it's theraputic to release ALL the stress and frustration and everything else we hold inside. I hope those feelings get more positive for you!!!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't get mad (((or take this the wrong wrong way))) but....Do you think that maybe your problems could all be due to hormones?
  • happythermia
    Options
    *hugs* You can totally do this. Hell! YOU ARE DOING IT :-)

this is just a little speed bump
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you're looking for suggestions or not, but after browsing through your diary, you might want to cut back on the refined sugar. The Little Debbie snacks and Fiber One bars/cookies are loaded with it.
  • WowingOverWhinging
    Options
    Everyday's a working progress. I'm currently stuck in a 2 month rut myself. I didn't even see it as a plateau until someone else mentioned it. Ughhh!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    day by day, that's all you can do. :smile:
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Sending you a big HUG :heart:
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    I have noticed that many posters weigh at night and if I did that I would stress out too! Every morning, after the bathroom and before coffee I get on the same scale and get a very accurate reading. All the water and bulk you may consume during the day is not converted into pounds, it is gone the next day, especially staying within this calorie logging system. I know if I've eaten out I will be 2 lbs. heavier the next morning. It is not fat yet and it takes a couple of days to work the meal and the salt away, but unless I eat like that every day, it will be gone. I weigh every day to catch any automatic snacking I may be doing that starts the weight to climb. Good luck with your journey; and congrats on your weight loss accomplishment. If you can lose that much, there is nothing to prevent you from success! You've got the skills :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that many posters weigh at night and if I did that I would stress out too! Every morning, after the bathroom and before coffee I get on the same scale and get a very accurate reading. All the water and bulk you may consume during the day is not converted into pounds, it is gone the next day, especially staying within this calorie logging system. I know if I've eaten out I will be 2 lbs. heavier the next morning. It is not fat yet and it takes a couple of days to work the meal and the salt away, but unless I eat like that every day, it will be gone. I weigh every day to catch any automatic snacking I may be doing that starts the weight to climb. Good luck with your journey; and congrats on your weight loss accomplishment. If you can lose that much, there is nothing to prevent you from success! You've got the skills :)

I dont' weight myself at night as my body tends to store lots of water throughout the afternoons...
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I was plateaued for most of the summer, and it can be so incredibly frustrating you just want to scream! It's taken me months to lose 20 pounds, and now I'm just going to stop losing weight altogether?? I even tried mixing it up at the gym, changing my meals up a bit. It took about a month- month and a half before I could break through and I've since lost 3 pounds. I know my weight loss is going to continue to be slow (unfortunately those are just the genetic cards I was dealt...) but we just gotta keep on keeping on. We'll get there eventually! And keep mixing things up! Change your workouts, change your meals, and don't forget the occasional splurge day! All good things- we will get our rewards!!