what to get at olive gardren?!?

Options
r5wr
r5wr Posts: 203 Member
Boyfriend is taking me to olive garden for dinner, any suggestions on Wth to get to go with my losing weight? I've only ate subway today.

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    plain grilled protein and steamed veg or salad.

avoid the pasta/breadsticks, and you'll be fine.
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    http://www.olivegarden.com/menu/nutrition/

Make an informed decision.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What you'll enjoy and will somewhat fit your leftover calories and macros. Browse the menu online. http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/

Personally, I love the Ravioli di Portabella, always have, and was pretty happy to find that it's lower cal than a lot of the other menu items at 670 calories. Although the Venetian Apricot Chicken looks pretty good at only 400 calories.

I don't go to Olive Garden often, so when I do, there's no way in hell I'm going to pass up the breadsticks. Don't care how many calories are in those suckers. I love them and will eat them.

And I'm not going to a restaurant to have plain grilled and steamed anything. I can do that at home. If I'm paying someone else to cook it, it's gonna have a lot of flavor!

The sodium is the big issue. Don't weigh yourself for a few days after, because you will probably retain fluid and show a temporary gain on the scale.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    see if they'll let you use a phone so you can call and make reservations at a good italian place.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Get what you want and just ask for a container to put some of it away for tomorrow. Everything in moderation : ) why shouldn't you eat something you want to have.. and this way you can have it a couple of times. I ordered the gluten free pasta and a salad last time I was there and I had enough pasta for two more dinners
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one!!

Keep it smart... Even their salad dressing is packed with fat and calories. If you can keep away from that, limit the breadsticks, and stay away from any and all pastas then you are good.

My hubby and I ALWAYS split our food there. The portions are plenty for that!!
  • paytonOMG
    paytonOMG Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Minestrone soup is only 100 calories a bowl! And get salad with dressing on the side:) him and his wallet wil love you!
  • Jenni3232
    Jenni3232 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    They have all their nutrition facts on the website, but the salmon and steamed broccoli is probably the best bet. The ravioli portebella is my fave at 670 calories. The breadsticks kill though :(
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Their low fat salad dressing tastes IDENTICAL to their regular dressing. You have to ask for it, but it's great!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    mixed grill! Lots of protein and veggies. Ask for a to-go box when your meal comes and put half of it away. Avoid salad & breadsticks. I promise the mixed grill will fill you up!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    they have a garlic shrimp appetizer that is GREAT! It's a ton of shrimp, and I peel the breading off as I eat them, and still feel like I'm having a treat.

have fun!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    see if they'll let you use a phone so you can call and make reservations at a good italian place.

Beautiful.....couldnt agree more
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Get what you want, eat half and take the rest home!!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    What you'll enjoy and will somewhat fit your leftover calories and macros. Browse the menu online. http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/

Personally, I love the Ravioli di Portabella, always have, and was pretty happy to find that it's lower cal than a lot of the other menu items at 670 calories. Although the Venetian Apricot Chicken looks pretty good at only 400 calories.

I don't go to Olive Garden often, so when I do, there's no way in hell I'm going to pass up the breadsticks. Don't care how many calories are in those suckers. I love them and will eat them.

And I'm not going to a restaurant to have plain grilled and steamed anything. I can do that at home. If I'm paying someone else to cook it, it's gonna have a lot of flavor!

The sodium is the big issue. Don't weigh yourself for a few days after, because you will probably retain fluid and show a temporary gain on the scale.

I second all that above. I say if you are going to go out for dinner, enjoy yourself. Drink a lot of water, and smaller portions. Get a to-go container the minute they bring you the food. Put half of it away, then eat what is left on your plate.
  • joypeaceloveall
    Options
    The pasta e fagiol soup is low calorie. I usually get that. They have free refills on the soup, so I usually have 2 bowls.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    MY ORDER -

I usually get the chicken alfredo and only eat half the bowl :smile:

and GET ZOUPA TUSCANA instead of salad! you can have a whole bowl of soup for like 300 cals and the salad is WAY more!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Enjoy a meal out once in a while without worrying about calories. One meal now and then won't hurt your long-term goals.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    They have an apricot chicken plate - I get that without the sauce. Delicious!!
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The simple question "what to get at olive garden?". Has the simple answer "directions to a real Italian restaurant."