hypothyroid help

Options
im in my late 20's and developed hashimotos possibly / hypothyroid from bad autowreck 4 years ago. i am not on meds anymore due to no health insurance.. my gained 20lbs being -not active- from car crash and on various meds .. and went cold turkey.

my metabolism refused to boost. went Low Carb, High Protein, Low Calorie diet about 800-900 as well .. exercising, and of course eating super clean.. even did the ADVOCARE 24 day challenge.. NOT AN INCH LOST!

i need help =(

Replies

• Morgan803
    Morgan803 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    For sure need to get back on your meds, that will help a ton especially if your doing everything else right! There are lots of resources for discount prescription cards and such, and theres also a generic now for synthroid i have hypothyroid too, and am a nurse!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree, you need the meds! Sorry to see you don't have insurance, go to the pharmacy and see what your options are.
  • AmberRiche4
    AmberRiche4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really feel for you - am also hypo after radioactive iodine - please check what you can access as it is really important to take your meds, not only for weight but also for all your other organs incl brain fog :sick:
    Good luck and best wishes
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Get back on your meds..... N-O-W!! This isn't something to mess around with soooooo many bodily functions are affected by your thyroid. Its a priority to take control of your health. Please, go see a doctor, maybe they can get you samples or something
  • beckyb3512
    beckyb3512 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Walmart has thyroid meds on their $4.00 list of meds.