Do you agree with this opinion?

Options
"Girls are suppose to always look nice and put together :)"

I don't mean for this to be offensive in any way. Everyone has the right to their opinions, and well, if it works for her, and it does, then right on and more power to ya.

I just read a post in which the lady posting made this statement. the full statement was "Not me!! I hate getting sweaty!! Girls are suppose to always look nice and put together :) "

It was about a lady being rude to her at the gym, and while I agree that it's no ones business what you do at the gym, I can't agree with girls always having to look nice, espically at the gym. At the gym, you'r e usualy there for a hard workout, and for me, getting sweaty to the point of my clothes sticking to me and my hair wet was proof that I was doing something right. That I earned the burned calories, that I pushed as hard as I could.

I agree that we, men ant women, should all look our best when at work or, ya know going out on a nice date, but at the gym? In my opinion, it's to hell with nice hair and make up, bring on the sweat.

What's your opinion? Are "Girls are suppose to always look nice and put together" Or have we earned the right to sweat at the gym?

Replies

• OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...the human body was made to sweat. The person who thinks we SHOULDN'T sweat also thinks their **** don't stink...sorry. Just my opinion lolol We all sweat. And no, it doesn't look "sexy" but whatever...I like sweating because then I know I'm getting a good work out. Okay, not always...sometimes I sweat because it's hot out lol
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I agree that there is no need to make the same post twice.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    We all sweat. And no, it doesn't look "sexy" but whatever...

Speak for yourself!
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    I agree that there is no need to make the same post twice.

no need to answer twice
  • sammiewamiee
    Options
    There aren't any rules to feminism. Girls can dress the way the want to, look the way they want to, sweat when they want to and so on. There may be some girls that like to get clean cut and look wonderful all the time, but you've got to work sometime, girly.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    what are we, in the 1800s?

ugh.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    what are we, in the 1800s?

ugh.

bump
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    sweaty girls at the gym are super sexy. and are even sexier if they are wearing nice work out gear like lulu lemon.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Other than when I'm working out, ill or just having a bad day, I like to make an effort but that's just me. It's not open to comments from people who should mind their own business! & if they catch me on a bad day, it's on their own head... lol!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Women spend more money annually on makeup than on fitness.

I worked with an attorney whose wife ran a website promoting fitness plans. One of her big sellers was how to wear makeup and look fantastic in the gym. Cost was $199 for a one year subscription to her fitness tips. Needless to say, I didn't subscribe.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    sweaty girls at the gym are super sexy. and are even sexier if they are wearing nice work out gear like lulu lemon.

Yep. Why do other bishes care if I want to look hot and "put together" when I'm working out.
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    No
    a girl shouldn't live to please anyone but herself
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If someone feels more comfortable being 'put together' all the time, then go for it.
    If not.. that's cool too. Who cares?
  • Valkira
    Valkira Posts: 7
    Options
    Sort of odd... I wonder if she has any kids and if she does did she look all beautiful and put together during the crowning stage? I sure as hell didn't. Was all sweaty and rude to my hubby, my body image meant nothing to me and shyness got thrown outta window. The gym is a place to sweat and give it your best for your own sake. I strive to bring it.... higher HR, more sweat and yep I look like a crap afterwards. However, I always feel great. Once you hit the showers it's all different ball game, clothes and touch of make up that boost even more pride after exhausting workout.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think that particular statement was a bit of sarcasm.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    No I don't agree with it
    I look how ever the hell I want, and if I'm having a crappy day sometimes I don't feel like getting up and doing my hair and makeup.
    It's my body and I'll dress it however I would like to.

:)
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I read her post. I agree that other girl was rude to her. However I'm with you. I could give a flying *^&% what I look like at the gym. If you don't want to mess up your hair and makeup, then don't go to the gym. People will notice and think "whoa, high maintenance there" If you have a date that night, go workout earlier so you have time to shower. I'm glad my guy loves me no matter what. I can come home from the gym looking like death and he would take me out looking like that. Now, that, in my opinion, is a real man:) lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Looking nice and put together is fine... but being dirty is AWESOME!

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg
  • AliDarling
    Options
    I read her post. I agree that other girl was rude to her. However I'm with you. I could give a flying *^&% what I look like at the gym. If you don't want to mess up your hair and makeup, then don't go to the gym. People will notice and think "whoa, high maintenance there" If you have a date that night, go workout earlier so you have time to shower. I'm glad my guy loves me no matter what. I can come home from the gym looking like death and he would take me out looking like that. Now, that, in my opinion, is a real man:) lol

exactly! on our date nights, id go eariler or work out at home. plenty of time for a shower and to get fixed up. any other time, hit the showers after , or just go home and see what happens. go to a movie? sure! its dark and cool. lol.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    Looking nice and put together is fine... but being dirty is AWESOME!

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

bump