Hello! :)

Options
I'm Monika! Nice to virtually meet you all. I grew up as a very obese child. I used to be a demanded child model for my face, but I told my parents that I didn't have the body for it. So here I am, many years later, having finally found the site of my DREAMS. I'm at 240 or so. My goal is 130. My realistic goal is 160, but once I hit that mark, I'm goign to try to make it further. (I hope) I don't want to disappoint anyone any longer, especially my doctor. (so many broken promises to lose weight!) My future career plans don't call for me looking good in general, but it may come at me at some point+ I wanna look good and live a long, healthy, fulfilled life. I'm sure many can relate to this feeling, of wanting something so bad, but never knowing where to start? I don't have as much support from my family as I wish to (failed diets ALL the time. They think I'm bluffing.) So, I may need some help. Friends? :D I wish to know that you're all doing this by my side, and by everyone elses for similar reasons. Your progress can motivate me, an obese american teenager, to actually make a good choice.
Sorry I sound like an ad. I'm not trying to persuade you, but I need some help :< No one around me seems to care much. I hope that we can all be good motivators to each other!
Goodbye for now! :)

Replies

• JessNyathi
    Options
    Family and friends don't believe you? Grit your teeth and prove them wrong! Don't tell them- show them! go go go!
  • NowForTheFuture
    Options
    Hello! It's very nice to meet you. Just to wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey! If you need any help, encouragement or motivation, please feel free to add me as a friend.

Amy. (Obese British teenager haha!)

xxx
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Monika, you have a beautiful face. You remind me of one of my daughters. She was chubby at the age of one and had a modeling company after her. We didn't go that route but it goes to show you that chubby children are so attractive.

I certainly hope that you reach your weight goal. Don't listen to your family...just the one here at MFP.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Just checked out your profile. The daughter I spoke of is the same age as you.
  • Agreed - prove them wrong! You can do it! :)
    Best of luck to you. *offers hand of friendship and rainbows*
  • Thank you all! I'm suprised to see all the support going around with the post I made. I felt as if I were being ignorant. Thank you all for so much support. I'm glad you all can relate!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Family and friends don't believe you? Grit your teeth and prove them wrong! Don't tell them- show them! go go go!
    This is it!!
  • cowboys_angel_907
    cowboys_angel_907 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Monika, you have a beautiful face. You remind me of one of my daughters. She was chubby at the age of one and had a modeling company after her. We didn't go that route but it goes to show you that chubby children are so attractive.

I certainly hope that you reach your weight goal. Don't listen to your family...just the one here at MFP.

the first thing I noticed was your beautiful face as well, and I bet you have the personality to match..

Feel free to add me as well...

I was 200 pounds when I started high school, 235 when I graduated, doctor, and family put me on every diet imaginable, but no one taught me to eat right, it was..." you need to go change, your thighs are disgusting" and then a few minutes later noticeably sad "lets go to dairy queen and have a peanut buster parfait, you'll feel better"....ugh...

anyways, been on that roller coaster of diets, fads, fasts and weight loss most of my life, last time I was under 200 pounds was the year before my daughter was born, 1992, I was 195 pounds...I got close last year...I was 202 at the beginning of July, then something went haywire, and it was as if I could feel myself getting heavier...I'm at 250 now...back into a size 20 and longing to at least get back into the size 14 I was last year....

good luck to ya hunny, We're all in the same boat and if we all row...we'll get there faster...

:flowerforyou:

oh, and my Names Millie and I just joined this group today as well...anyone who wants to add me... please do!!

:flowerforyou: