Exercising with cats or perhaps any pet...

Options

Replies

• Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yes my cats like to participate!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Yes! Anytime I get on the floor I become some sort of cat playground.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    my.cat does this too. Bites my ankles and arms during my workout-but oddly enough she loves the scent of my sweat after I run-its really weird-she will rub herself all over me (too bad that doesn't work with my husband) lol

she has also attempted to get on the treadmill while I am run-pretty sure her flying into the wall didn't feel so good since it has never happened again but she does still insist on sitting on the front while I run and slaps at my feet with EVERY step!
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My cat would get on my yoga mat after I've laid it out and am prepping things. Like I laid it out just for him, agh.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yes, my (50 lb) dog continually tries to lay on or right next to me the whole time I'm doing yoga in the mornings. Sometimes the (otherwise anti-social anti-petting) cat joins in, too.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My cat could care less, but my 5 dogs ( 2 great danes ) think it is party time! I go to the basement now and leave them up here, I hear them having a party upstais just as soon as I am working out good, I have to come up and scream up the steps! Very funny ritual we have going on! ;) Oh and when I come back up they barf and then act like I have been gone!

Hilarious!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Yes! The cat AND the kid have both been stepped on during the same workout! The kid learned.....the cat doesn't intend to ever learn. I'm trying to train the kid to keep the cat off my back, out of my face, away from my moving feet and not chasing my hair.
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love cat yoga but not if my feet get nibbled
  • angiejo666
    Options
    My kitty runs away when my husband does crunches or push-ups...but the minute I put weights out and begin my 30DS, he can't get to me fast enough. During my push-ups he lays down right underneath my face so that every time I go down he is there to whack me or pull my hair. Distracting...yes..but cute...hells yeah!!!
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    absolutely. Every time I turn on my WII fit Yoga the cats have to come and observe. Often they try to sit on the platform and wind around my legs.
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    Mine only started when I began insanity. My cat, or Coach as I like to call him watches me do the cardio stuff but anytime I'm still for more than 10 seconds, he has to come help me stretch further or play with the drawstrings on my shorts, not so fun in the high plank/low plank of cardio abs. Hubby bought me an industrial style huge fan which the Coach doesn't like so I haven't been bothered as much lately, he mainly hides on the stairs to make sure I'm not slacking.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    one of my cats cant leave me alone when i'm doing floor stuff and stretching. and then the new baby persie loves to get on the treadmill with me. he loves it. i've almost stepped on him a few times.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would be afraid if my snake tried to help me work out, I don't see how that could be a good thing. Luckily he doesn't move real fast. Lol

A snake would be a workout bonus for me. Watch me run!!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    All is quiet and I'm alone... Until I complete the first push-up. Something about that single action must radiate a cat tractor beam of massive force! My two old lazy obese house cats can be sound asleep in another room but are under me, in my face, wrapping themselves around my arms or trying to lay under me during push-ups. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone else relate to being smacked in the face with a cat tail while plank'ing, push-up'ing, etc? As an extra bonus one of them tries to chew my hair during crunches and attack my feet during leg lefts. It's like a workout in the gauntlet :tongue:

I can relate 100% times 4. They are not interested it seems until i pull out the mat and the exercise ball to do my ab work.
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    Yep, mine like to run under me when I'm doing push-ups. One of them has also started weighing himself every day. I keep telling him that watching *me* exercise won't help him lose weight, and threaten to start counting the calories in his Fancy Feast!
  • lizzie1030
    Options
    My cat loves to stretch with me at the end, when I am all sweaty. So, I have cat hairs sticking to my sweat.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    My youngest cat (male, Pazuzu) used to attack my yoga mat, and sometimes my hair when I first started working out. Eventually it became less and less, and now he doesn't even bother me anymore. I think (at least in some cases) the cat/s just need to get used to the change in their environment. :) Cats are such strange creatures, though. You can never really know what goes through their heads. lol
  • Nownourish
    Nownourish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love it! My cat does the same... wonder what he's thinking :smile:
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Haha I looove this thread! My cat loves when I do any exercises on the floor. Its at her level and something she thinks she can join in on!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    My dog and my daughter find it irrisistable not to jump on me when I am doing push ups or planks... LOL. I guess the extra weight is a challenge!! :-)