food relapse

Options
Well, I am confessing I fell off my MFP wagon the past couple days. I made sweets for an event at church... I truly think partly why I did it was so I could sneak licks and tastes throughout my baking..
Well I was off to the races with the sugary laden stuff.... it's as though my system reacts in an addictive way to it... and I go brain dead-- forgetting everything I've committed myself to. I do have an addictive component to my personality- it's true.
I guess I need to face the music and get myself back on track. I exercise to stay healthy and feel good, but my eating has been a battle for years. I've unsuccessfully tried weight watchers too many times to mention here. It was amazing how enthused I was when I learned about this site and how quickly I fell off my program of good intentions and commitment.
Saying this here will help me bring myself back. I relapsed with food and need to say that in this entry.
I guess I can see I need to stay away from this kind of stuff.... and closely monitor any kind of sugary food intake I ingest.
It must affect me like a drug- the sugar that is. I acted like an addict.
I'm going to drop off all these treats at church on Sunday and tomorrow is a full day of fun events- so I won't be around it.

I have read of others struggles with this journey- it's a lot of work and then reworking- esp. for those of us in our forties where this has been going on for awhile now- or battles with weight and our relationship with food and eating.

I'm grateful I got to share this here... thank you for letting me let it out.

Replies

• jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon. Just pick yourself back up and continue the journey.

Good luck.