New and I need help!

Options
Hi all! I am new to MFP and I need help!

I have done the dieting thing and loss weight but it ALWAYS seems to come back and those pounds seem to bring their friends. I always seem to get myself on track and do well and then I always seem to slip up and fall back into my same old habits. I hate myself for falling back in my old habits. I am tried of going back and forth with weight. I know what I need to do to get it together and loss weight but I can never stay on track.

About 5 months ago I found an old pic of myself from about 8 years ago and I looked like I needed a cheese burger! (which is what I say when I see a really skinny girl) I try to use that pic as a motivator but I still cant get going.

I dont know if I need support from others or if I am just not ready to commit.

I am looking for friends and/or anyone who has any tips or suggestions on getting my behind in gear and stick to it!

thanks,

Karen

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• xiola511
    xiola511 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Karen! I have done the same thing many times over the years. I recently started using this site & it has surprised me how much more motivated I feel! I think that the encouragement from others with the same goal is the key to achieve success here. It helps to be accountable to someone - even if it is not in person. I know that it's working for me! I think that you can do this - once and for all:) Feel free to add me if you want!
  • kriss1971
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I've been struggling with the same issues you are talking about for years. I am a stress-eater and have been doing some research on how to change my behaviors. I just started reading a book called '50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food' and it speaks to the cycle of doing well with diet, getting off track, and feeling bad about yourself. The book also offers insight on how to identify behaviors, calming techniques, and how everyone deserves to think positively and to treat themselves well, which I really struggle with. You are not alone - good luck!