This is what I looked like swollen from my soda addiction

Options
Sidenote: (I am not by any way shape or form saying 138 is big, I am showing you what soda swelling looks like on a 138lb me.)

376586_3151790048470_531999128_n.jpg

Replies

• AprilAye
    AprilAye Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I just recently quit soda, I feel so much better now.
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Hindsight is really always 20/20, right? Never thought i'd ever stop.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good job! I've been drinking diet coke off and on since I was 13 and promised myself I'd stop more times than I can remember. It's been a few weeks and I'm hoping it's for good this time!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    Good luck!!! It's not easy, but it feels like a great accomplishment.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Thank you for sharing!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    was this a Diet Soda addiction or regular? Not that either is anything but chemicals and horrible things for your body.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!! :happy:
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    For me it was REGULAR soda's. I then went to Diets and saw a slight decrease in swelling but knew its just as bad.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sharing. Soda is a big cause of weight IMO...people just don't realize how much they might e drinking everyday.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Well done, things can be difficult to give up, but it can be done :drinker: :drinker: Heres to water:drinker:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I, too, was addicted to soda, drinking as much as you were. I am now down to 1-2 a week as a special treat (and only diet so I don't drink my calories). Now I crave water. Great job!
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I just recently started to cut down on soda. Today I haven't even had any soda, come to think of it. Also, I can notice my stomach has gone down and I don't feel as bloated as I used to.

Soda is an evil, evil, delicious sugary, carbonated drink.
  • BridgettWoods
    Options
    well for me its a battle everyday with stressful things i try not to have Any if i can help it but hey. i have quit smoking and started exercising instead, gave up all and any soda and started a caloric eating system.. .. im hoping to lose 120lbs in a years time .. !hope i can do it i am starting to feel better been quit for 3.5 weeks
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wish i would of seen a change like that. I was drinking a 2 litre a day and i stopped and figured i would see a few lbs slip off me, i saw nothing, no change... except my major withdraw symptom si had... i had them bad and i never thought i could ever go to having one just on occasion at all but i can now. I can go weeks without having one and i'm fine with it but i sure wish i would of seen changes on my body more so then just my withdrawal symptoms...
  • BridgettWoods
    Options
    wtg bloating will happen from sodas so bad.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love your post :)

A lot of people don't realize how much soda (regular or diet) can affect your health.

I used to drink Diet Coke a lot during the week even thou I love plain ice water. I would drink (on average) 800 ml of Diet Coke at least 4 days a week.

My stomach problems symptoms (I have severe GERD, IBS, and a big hernia) have decreased a LOT since I stopped drinking soda all together. I am still amazed at how less bloated I feel and my GERD has gotten better. Now I only need ONE prilosec a day (I was on TWO before, and lots of TUMS).

These days I will have a Diet Coke with a piece of cake ( Coke and Cake takes me back to childhood) on rare special occasions :) I had some last week at a birthday party. It tasted so much better because now it is a treat, not an addiction :)

I know people who drink as much as 2 bottles (2 liter ones) of soda a day and never drink water.
    I can't imagine what that could do to my stomach !
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    First, Congrats... You look great, even looked great at 138.
    While i agree that soda is no good for you. And it causes bloating.

Do you believe it was just the cutting of soda that caused the decrease in 16lbs of weight.
    Or was the combination of exercise, calorie counting, eating better and no soda all a factor of the improved look.

I used to be a 2 liter a day Coca cola drinker. Stopped cold turkey a year and so ago. took like 3 weeks to stop with the headaches and withdrawls, the severe mood swings. I can tell you the people around me didnt like for those 3 weeks :D
    But much happier without it now.
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I loved regular soda as a matter of fact Mt Dew and Dr Pepper mixed was my fav....quit on July 3, 2012 and have not had one....I actually like water now and I cant believe it....
  • thedove34
    thedove34 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! Congratulations and continued sucess : )
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Great decision..you're so pretty ^_^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!