Looking for people who want to lose weight eating real food

Options

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work into 100% whole foods, but yes, real butter, no other option, real oil, whole grains, lots of them! I dont use processed sugar though, I prefer agave, honey, or any other type natural sweetner if i dont use Truvia. I'm always sharing recipes and finding new ways to make stuff healthy, feel free to add me if you like!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ohhhh totally add me! i hate fake food!!! :)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Im with ya! How is everyone losing weight though? Exercise?

I've lost 19 lbs in 2 months eating carbs, cheese, eggs, prosciutto, fruit, veggies, & eating out, I'm not doing any fad diet, unless moderation is considered a fad diet.

Edited to say:
    Oh, and my exercise is DDPYoga.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I eat real food. If there is something I want, I figure it in to my daily goal. I may have to do more exercise but that is ok. I eat smaller portions. I feel like I finally have an eating plan that I can live with for the rest of my life. I hate "diets" because I always feel deprived. I also want to teach my children healthy eating choices and working hard. I use butter, olive oil, raw sugar, real maple syrup, local honey, and I cook from scratch. I would love to have someone to swap recipes with. I have lots of great soup recipes and chicken recipes. I also make and eat(gasp) homemade bread. I would really like to learn how to incorporate new and different grains into my cooking ie. quinoa, barley etc...Honestly part of the reason why I have my diary private is because of this very subject. I am unsure of the disapproval I may receive and I want to stay positive. I like to think that I eat "normal healthy". Last night I was at a get together and I had a (shhhh, don't tell anyone) brownie. Guess what? I don't feel guilty either. I stayed under my calories for the day because I did 30DS and Crunch Boot Camp back to back. I worked hard for my brownie! And I savored every bite.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Im with ya! How is everyone losing weight though? Exercise?

Portion control, staying within calorie goal & lifting & cardio. :smokin:
  • charliepingpong
    Options
    Love to cook! Every type of cuisine and am passionate about my real food more than any junk. The junk is what I do when feeling down and the real food is what I do all the time regardless :))
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No, I thought the same thing. Eating sweets, and fast food. I guess if it works for you ok! We are all different and all want different things. But at age 76 and been on all kinds of diets, I figured out it can't be a diet, it has to be a life changing way of eating. i won't ever go back to what I was. i know i can not have ice cream or cookies in my house. I can't limit myself. When I reach my target, I may have a cookie, but I will buy 1 or 2 and that is all1 i can't buy a bag of them.

Basil
  • LisaRep88
    LisaRep88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've always kept my diary private because my meals don't look like my friends'! I can't stick to any sort of diet. Just denying myself makes me crave more and more! Feel free to add me. Maybe I'll finally get the guts to make it public!
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    REal Food Yay:drinker: :bigsmile:

Love real food. Not so much for the shakes unless I am in a rush and quite frankly I don't have any in the cupboard. I eat within my limits of allergies. But its all real food.

Welcome Welcome:flowerforyou:

I also have a lot of allergies so I absolutely have to read all labels. I cannot have any artificial sweeteners, or a lot of yellow dye & I suffer from (OAS) Oral Allergy Syndrome which severly limits fruit & vegetable intake.:grumble:

I've lost my weight mostly with portion control & staying within goal. In my lifetime I've tried many diets & finally learned that calling it a "diet" is what screws you up, I call it a lifestyle change. Regardless of how you plan on losing the weight, you have ask yourself if you can spend the rest of your life eating that way? Good luck to all in your quest!:drinker:
  • Tryckster14
    Tryckster14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Counting calories sure does seem to be working. I've lost 5 lbs in a week. Mind you I just had a baby 4 weeks ago :) I'm eager and willing to lose this weight (and prior weight from my last 2 babies and failure to lose). I'm awaiting my 6 week checkup to be released to work out, I can't wait!
    I live in San Antonio, TX one of the fattest cities in the USA. Food is everywhere! I just have to make smart choices.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Counting calories sure does seem to be working. I've lost 5 lbs in a week. Mind you I just had a baby 4 weeks ago :) I'm eager and willing to lose this weight (and prior weight from my last 2 babies and failure to lose). I'm awaiting my 6 week checkup to be released to work out, I can't wait!
    I live in San Antonio, TX one of the fattest cities in the USA. Food is everywhere! I just have to make smart choices.

Congratulations on your baby! Good job on getting back on track so quick.
  • suzame
    suzame Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOW, everyone, glad to see I'm not the only one who loves to eat well. I look forward to your ideas and strategies. I'll get around to doing the follows tomorrow. Late here in Portland...
  • suzame
    Options
    Mmmm, pizza. I am thinking about making one with peaches, goat cheese and prosciutto!
  • suzame
    Options
    YES! Real food is indeed fruit and veg -- as well as unapologetic cooking and baking. We grow our own veggies in the summer (I don't have to buy any at all) and we just went berry and peach picking. I make kale smoothies for breakfast (with fruit) just to use up what we've grown. So
  • suzame
    Options
    We live on smoothies in the morning -- but not prepackaged. Juice, plain yogurt, berries, banana and flaxseed meal -- plus kale or spinach.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i eat real food, real butter, real sugar, real bacon :laugh:
  • puddies01
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want. I just don't go over my calories for the day. I've tried the shakes ect. they don't work for me, Either!
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    ahh, I love real butter. I prefer it, too.

You just have to make sure you count the butter and stuff. It's high in calories, but it's good ol' natural fat.

I think I've had 2 tbsp of butter alone today. Used it for cooking. Rather would use that than Vegetable Oil.
  • suzame
    Options
    WOW, congrats on 41! Impressive.
  • suzame
    Options
    Yes, I burn anywhere from nearly 500 to almost 800 calories most days... which gives me some leeway to splurge.