insanity?

Options
So i am thinking about trying the Insanity dvd's. just wondering if people out there who have done it have any advice? encouragement? is it something you think i'll be able to keep up with being pretty out of shape or should i wait until im a little more in shape to give it a proper try? if you have done it, how are your results? anything like they show on the commercials? ok enough rambling. let me know what you think =)

Replies

• Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am complety satisfied with my results! Yes it takes motivation and effort for insanity especially having medical problems but i keep going and indure the pain... I dont follow the nutrition guide but i def. count my calorie intake, and no shakeology shakes just str8 protien shakes as a meal replacement. Im on my last week , and thinking of doing the Asylum next and evention getting into p90x and Tap Out MMA training .. I think if you keep mixing it up your body should not get used to it you have to keep it fresh. Wish you the best on ur new healthy body and way of life
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity!!! I have day 1-40 progress pics on my profile. Still have a week and a half left.

But... if you consider yourself pretty out of shape I probably wouldn't jump right into it. I hear 30 Day Shred is a good challenge for beginners.
  • StevePlatia
    StevePlatia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out Healthkickingteam on Facebook. This is the exercise group that I am part of. Coach lea Fanelli also has a MFP account and you can connect with her on either forum. HKT has many members that have done and are doing Insanity and can give you lots of feedback. I have only done P90X, but can tell you that it changed my life by jumpstarting my fitness! Give it a try.
  • sarahmarieb36
    sarahmarieb36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity!!! I have day 1-40 progress pics on my profile. Still have a week and a half left.

But... if you consider yourself pretty out of shape I probably wouldn't jump right into it. I hear 30 Day Shred is a good challenge for beginners.

i heard 30 day shred was good. maybe i'll give that a shot first and if i can stick with that, then do insanity after im more used to exercising daily.

Thanks for the advice everyone =)
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    1st, I would say that anyone can do any program if you have the will power and put your mind to it.
    2nd, there are plenty of people that have wonderful results with Insanity (swap out for any home DVD workout program).
    3rd, nutrition is critical and it's 80% of the process and your results will be dictated by this
    4th, don't worry about the infomercial people or those doing the program. It is VERY likely if they're a success story they have probably don't Insanity a few times and/or were starting from a different place.
    5th, If you decide to go forward with it do the best that you can and do not try to keep up with them. Mentally prepare yourself as it is very challenging but if you commit to it and do your best you will get results with the program (see #3).
    6th, Modify the moves as you need to and if you need to take a break do it. Let the DVD run and jump back in when you're ready to go again (keep this within reason...don't take a 5 min break)
    Lastly, there is a Fit Test to start the program which is very difficult. You will suck at it (everyone does) as many of the moves are not your run of the mill exercises. Don't sweat it these is YOUR starting point not anyone else. When you do the Fit Test the 2nd time you will be amazed as your progress.
  • sarahmarieb36
    sarahmarieb36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1st, I would say that anyone can do any program if you have the will power and put your mind to it.
    2nd, there are plenty of people that have wonderful results with Insanity (swap out for any home DVD workout program).
    3rd, nutrition is critical and it's 80% of the process and your results will be dictated by this
    4th, don't worry about the infomercial people or those doing the program. It is VERY likely if they're a success story they have probably don't Insanity a few times and/or were starting from a different place.
    5th, If you decide to go forward with it do the best that you can and do not try to keep up with them. Mentally prepare yourself as it is very challenging but if you commit to it and do your best you will get results with the program (see #3).
    6th, Modify the moves as you need to and if you need to take a break do it. Let the DVD run and jump back in when you're ready to go again (keep this within reason...don't take a 5 min break)
    Lastly, there is a Fit Test to start the program which is very difficult. You will suck at it (everyone does) as many of the moves are not your run of the mill exercises. Don't sweat it these is YOUR starting point not anyone else. When you do the Fit Test the 2nd time you will be amazed as your progress.

thanks for the advice. these are all really good points. my biggest problem is starting something, doing it for a day or two and then just giving up. i know i'll be able to do anything once i really commit to it =)
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I've recently finished round 1 of Insanity, and now into round two. I absolutely love it, and I feel you can do it. Its tough don't get me wrong, but you do what you can and push yourself. Mental toughness is a must and dedication, but you do the work, and you will see the results. My profile picture is from round one, most of the results seen in the second month. I am a lose interest in things very easy, it has to challenge and push me to keep my interest and this done just that, enough to make me want to do another round. Good luck in whatever you decide!
  • leet0629
    Options
    Hey girl! I just started to do the insanity workouts and I love them. I did it for two weeks straight and I could already tell a difference in my body. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely not the easiest workout but it will do the job. You just have to make sure that you keep up with it and do it everyday in order to really see results. I started it when I wasn't in the best of shape and I had a hard time keeping up the first week but it gets easier the more you do it. I would definitely recommend you try it. Make sure that you have plenty of water handy if you decide to do it. Good Luck!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2. I don't do it every day cause I'm doing c25k also. It's HARD, but I'm obese by BMI standards, and very out of shape (I didnt exercise for over year and a half) but I get through it. Some of the exercises I can't do at all, but I jog in place or something to keep my heartrate up, and some I can just so a couple reps. It makes me feel better though seeing some of people in the video have to bail out too. lol Good luck on your journey!