Not being able to feel full

Options
What do you guys do when you just can't feel satisfied? I had that problem this morning and i couldn't stop snacking! I had a good size breakfast, two egg whites, four strawberries, and 15 grapes with two glasses of water. I waited the thirty minutes to see if i would feel full, but i just wasn't. I also had two more glasses of water before any snacks. Any tips or ideas?

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    more carbs and fiber maybe.. just by looking at your diary or maybe a bigger breakfast =)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    protein is the only cravings-cruncher that gets me to the no-snacking zone

try some Morning Star veggie sausage

on a personal note, fruit makes me hungrier...the sugars, i guess
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    lots of veggies and protein works for me (String cheese or yogurt with a fruit).
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Up your protein and reduce your sugar. The fruit spikes your blood sugar but does not really fill you up. Protein takes a lot longer to process leaving you feeling fuller longer. Also try keeping the yolks. Fat is incredibly important for stimulating the satiety hormone and eggs are loaded with good saturated fat. If this does not help try eating more. As in have three eggs instead of two.

Hope this helps.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Personally, I need more protein in the morning or I feel like my hunger is out of control the rest of the day. I would eat 2-3 whole eggs (the yolk is good for you too) and maybe cut back on the fruit in the morning and see if that helps.
  • BunnyPandaLove
    Options
    Oatmeal will get me from 5am until lunch time. But I eat my oatmeal a little strangly. (with hot sauce and honey)
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Oatmeal will get me from 5am until lunch time. But I eat my oatmeal a little strangly. (with hot sauce and honey)

I am trying this tomorrow morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I say eat a bigger breakfast. Find something that has a lot of fiber. There is oatmeal that is "high fiber" (10g) I eat one pack and I am full until lunch,
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That's actually a fairly small breakfast. Try adding a piece of toast with peanut butter or some oatmeal. More protein and fiber will help you feel satisfied.
  • BunnyPandaLove
    Options

I am trying this tomorrow morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wanna put an even bigger spin on it... try it with egg(s) (Over easy). That's what I do to get me through work (they don't like to let you take a decent lunch break).

I know it sounds weird (and I swear I'm not pregnant, nor was I when I first came up with this almost 2 years ago). I just like interesting flavors.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like to have a high protein high fiber breakfast, but somedays I'm just hungry and no matter what can not feel full but that's an occasional thing not every day.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    is it weird that I own over 40 different bottles of hot sauce ? .. forgot to quote XD
  • BunnyPandaLove
    Options
    is it weird that I own over 40 different bottles of hot sauce ? .. forgot to quote XD

Not weird at all. ^_^

Is it weird that I'm slightly jealous of your hot sauce collection?
  • BackTatJIM
    Options

Not weird at all. ^_^

lol wanna buy it? i invested way to much money into it
  • BunnyPandaLove
    Options

Not weird at all. ^_^

lol wanna buy it? i invested way to much money into it

Tempting offer but I think I'd go crazy with all that hot sauce. It would be on everything. Including, but not limited to, cheesecakes and other sweet things.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I would add a slice of sprouted wheat bread to that breakfast, for myself.

You could be experiencing a crash from what you ate the day before. If I'm off my diet and eating too many empty carbs one day, then the next day I have false hunger cravings. They can be really intense. Protein, high fiber, and water is your best friend if this is the case.

Good luck!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites and some fruit isn't a good sized breakfast. I would be starving too! You don't have to starve yourself.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You, my friend, are some kind of genius!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Idk about you but I just guzzled down 2 1/2 16oz waters (2 bottles) and kind of lost my appetite and cravings.
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Increasing the volume of food you eat will probably help give you the "full" feeling you're looking for.