Looking for a support system!

Options
Hello everyone! I am new to the site and looking for support/advice. I've been at my most recent weight loss journey (as I've begun this process too many times) for 20 days now. I've pretty much said a million times that "this time is going to be different" so my mission is to stop crying wolf and ACTUALLY make a serious lifestyle change. I have to say I am very proud of the last 20 days...no processed food, lots of green veggies, portion control and brisk walking 3 times per week have made me 14lbs lighter! This is the point in my journey when I always begin to lapse but with willpower determination and hopefully help from people on the same journey (that means you!) I will succeed in shedding my "baby fat" (yeah right) for good! Thanks everyone! -Vanessa

Replies

• KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would b glad to support to u. We r in this together.
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Would love too! Feel free to add me
  • thinlizzy525
    Options
    HI VANESSA!!!
    Well i'm relatively new here to MFP. I've been a member since July but didn't start to take it serious or log in,etc. until 8/2/12. I,like you, need support and encouragment and a few good laughs along the way. I have made some good friends here already and i am sure you will to. There is alot of information on here to read that's for sure. Anyways, welcome to MFP, add me if you woud like to and keep those feet walking!! GREAT JOB by the way losing 14 with just a few changes. :)
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Anybody's free to add me! :D
    I'm just starting my lifestyle change as well and would be more than happy to support yours!
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    we are all in this together
  • PinkPaintedLady
    PinkPaintedLady Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It's great to know that this site is filled with a ton of different people who all have one thing in common, to ultimately be fit and healthy!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN ADD ME AS WELL...I FIGURE THIS JOURNEY CAN BE BEST TRAVELLED WITH A FRIEND OR 200...LOL SAVE ON GAS...YA KNOW???
  • PinkPaintedLady
    Options
    Couldn't agree more :) !
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, Vanessa. Glad you're on here! We're all in the same boat, that's why we're here! Feel free to add me. I'm relatively new, too. Been here since July and have really enjoyed getting to know people better, who are all on the same path. Having friends on MFP really helps me and I know it will help you too! Log in everyday and stay with it. You CAN do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanessa, we are all in this journey together and not by chance!

Perseverance, stick to the plan. Log everything: food, log exercise (add some light weights and interval training to your exercise routine, switch things up), log your water intake and also log the amount of time you sleep.

Have a notebook or whatever means but really shoot for 8 hours of sleep.
    I was an unbeliever and a friend suggested that I was not getting enough sleep, again not alone in that regard.

Log how much you weight before going to sleep, sleep 8 hours, wake up, go to restroom, get on scale. So you would be wearing same clothing this way there is no added weight because of a different outfit. You will see that when you get 8 hours of sleep, there is on average 1-2 pounds difference depending on body size. Added benefit being well rested, in great mood, ready for the world!

Let's say you only get 4 hours of sleep. The weight difference is from no difference to at most 1 pound depending on body size. On top of that since we are still sleepy/tired but we have to go on with life we need to charge up. So we load up on a huge breakfast with lots of sugar, etc and mid morning we get sleepy so we reach again for the convenient but unhealthy stuff. On top of that we forgo the gym, are in a crappy mood and the day seems to go on forever.

http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongenergy/tp/healthy_sleep.htm

http://www.better-sleep-better-life.com/benefits-of-sleep.html

Slowly the pounds come off. In October 2011 I was at 235, today I am at 185. For the last month I have hit a plateau and bounce around between 182-187 but I'm switching things up, adding new exercises, adding time, adding heavier weights. I know if I stick to plan I can go down to 170, its is going to be hard but I am not giving up.

Ed from NYC
  • rmandato123
    Options
    Count me in! I was going the diet medicine and myfitnesspal approach, but my doctor is telling me to just lose it the old fashioned way, and won't renew my prescription, I lost 15 of the 80 I want to lose, and I need to keep pushing forward, hopefully we can provide support for the tough times. Good luck! I am going to try to log on every day to keep my log updated, and keep accountable of my food intake and exercise, so hopefully we will be able to keep each other up through this obstical course.
  • PinkPaintedLady
    Options
    great info guys, thanks. i'm taking it allll in. I'm a weight loss knowledge machine!!!
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add (Anyone!)
    :)
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    We can do this girl =)
    Feel free to add me :)
  • ridge1980
    ridge1980 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me! I am new as well. :)