What are some healthy foods that are High in Protein?

Options

Replies

• Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Almonds, black beans, lean meat, low fat yogurt, skim milk, the harder types of cheeses like cheddar...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    beans
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    Chicken Breast – 3.5 oz., 30 grams of protein (Go with the 99% fat-free boneless, skinless variety for the leanest choice.)
    Turkey – About 7 grams of protein per ounce
    Tuna – 6 oz. can, 40 grams of protein
    Salmon – 3.5 oz., 27 grams of protein
    Eggs – 1 large, 7 grams of protein
    Milk – 1 cup, 8 grams of protein (Go with 1% or skim)
    Cottage Cheese – 1/2 cup, 15 grams of protein
    Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews – 1/4 cup, 8grams, 9 grams, 5 grams of protein
    Peanut Butter – 2 Tablespoons, 8 grams of protein
    Yogurt – 8-12 grams of protein per cup
  • technicalman
    technicalman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Define Healthy. If you're a vegan, i can't help you. If you're average person that just wants to lose weight, just stay away from processed meats as they have the wrong types of fats. stay away from the poly and mono fats.

tuna's and salmon, beef/ pork / foul rotissirie(i know i misspelled that one, as I've had a couple of shots tonight)

i've been eating from a pork loin the last couple of days.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    animals.
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help! I am not a Vegan, Technicalman, so your help is valuable also.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    tahini
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Eggs, beans, tuna, peanut butter...tons of stuff contain protein. I was actually surprised at how high beans can be for protein.
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Kazz and Monica! Kazz, I have never heard of tahini before, but I am willing to try it lol. Monica, I did not know that Tuna was high in protein also, but it is a good thing since I try to eat it all the time lol.

Blessings, Sharmelle or Shar
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Chicken tortilla soup loaded with fresh squash, tomatoes, chicken, onion, beans, celery, carrots, and peppers is very low in calories and full of protein. Alas, don't add chips and maybe just a tablespoon or two of hard cheese. Chicken is easy to cook, lean and can be used in many of dishes.
  • blaine_amanda
    blaine_amanda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    0% Greek yogurt is a great choice for a quick snack. About 120 calories in a serving will give you up to 9 grams of protein.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I love sushi. So, I prep my own salmon. It is great source of protein and low in fat. I learned to prep it myself and can eat it every day with any meal. Most of the time I add it to my salads. Sometimes I make my own home made sashimi platter. :)

For each pound of salmon you use 2TBSP of Kosher coarse salt mixed with 1 TBSP of Splenda powder. Keep it in the room temperature for 2 hours, then 24 hours in the fridge. Drain excess liquid that will be produced as a result of curing process. And enjoy

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/Vextrain/MFP/2012-06-29114145.jpg
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i just stick to meats and eggs
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hummus has both garbanzo beans and chick peas in it ... and it's yummy! Lentils are a good protein source as well.
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Greek yogurt is good breakfast protein. Egg whites are pretty much pure protein
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Define Healthy. If you're a vegan, i can't help you. If you're average person that just wants to lose weight, just stay away from processed meats as they have the wrong types of fats. stay away from the poly and mono fats.

tuna's and salmon, beef/ pork / foul rotissirie(i know i misspelled that one, as I've had a couple of shots tonight)

i've been eating from a pork loin the last couple of days.

Typo? Why stay away from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated? Except for highly refined vegetable oils which barely have any nutritional value left, mono/polyunsaturated fats are big part of healthy diet.
  • samtrois
    samtrois Posts: 27
    Options
    Quinoa
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Beans! Almonds!
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    SHRIMP, I hate all fish so started eating grilled shrimp, it's amazing!!!
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yeah, my staples are chicken breasts, sliced turkey, swordfish, salmon, chicken sausage, beans, lentils, hummus, fat free Greek yogurt, almonds....

Once in a while we'll have pork loin. Another good one is a very lean, high quality steak. The American Diabetic Association recommends cuts with the word "loin" in it- tenderloin, sirloin, etc.

There's plenty of healthy food to eat!