This is what I looked like swollen from my soda addiction

Options

Replies

• DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I've been off soda for about a month now (I may have slipped up once or twice). And I'm around 140 and want to get to 120, so you're success has motivated me to stick to my weight loss plan! Thanks!

You CAN do it Morgan. What are you doing currently!?
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    My name is Shelley and I too was a soda addict. Drinking 6-8 cans a day. I thought for sure with 5 kids, homeschooling, taking care of the house, etc that I would just kill over dead if I didn't have the soda to help me through the day.

I quit drinking soda 8 weeks ago today(the day I started this journey to a new life) and I have more energy to do the things I need to do thanI ever before .I also watch my calorie intake and exercise daily. I don't consider any food/drink off limits per se but I don't see myself going back to soda at all. Caffeine withdraw (is it withdrawl or withdraw..hmmm..anyway) is a B*tch!

I too, tried diet sodas before but artificial sweetner(even crystal light, water flavor packs, etc) bloat me horribly. I am a straight water drinker now as well and HATED it before.

FANTASTIC!!!
    Were you born in 76? If so -- ME TO!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    I felt the same way. So addicted, i'd drive past McD and my mouth still waters, but i've been off it over a month and i feel so much better. And my face has slimmed down for sure. I'd see pics and be mortified but now I'm proud of how I look. Thanks for the encouragement! You look great!

thank you!!! a month is a great start! Keep it up.... (the withdraw headaches are a killer!!!) but they do go away...
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Congratulations. I've tried quite a few times and still have a terrible attraction to Dr. Pepper. BTW, you're beautiful in both pics. I"m glad you're happy though now.
  • KendraLoveless
    Options
    are all dark sodas bad, even diet ones?
  • technicalman
    technicalman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i lost most of my weight gorging myself with diet sodas.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate this post. I've been Mountain Dew free for about 5 weeks now. I was hitting at least 6-8 20oz bottles per day. I'm glad to say that while I kind of crave it when I think about it, I don't actually miss it.
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    good for you!!! I quit drinking pepsi few years back...the acid in it was depleting my calcium and vit D...also high blood sugars and sluggish all the time!! feel so much better...I thought I would drop a ton of weight tho cuz I drank 2-3 a day but not much but I do feel better!!:love::love:

pepsi/dr pepper here too!!

as each day passes, you'll feel better and better!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    I really appreciate this post. I've been Mountain Dew free for about 5 weeks now. I was hitting at least 6-8 20oz bottles per day. I'm glad to say that while I kind of crave it when I think about it, I don't actually miss it.

There you go!!!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    i lost most of my weight gorging myself with diet sodas.

Yeah? ive had a few diet sodas myself.
    This picture is my dr.pepper/pepsi face. (regular, not diet)
  • barehugs619
    Options
    Great job, amazing will power to stop. went from 8 cans a day last week*last few years* to allowing myself 2 cans a day this week and stuck too it (crossing fingers) I hope I can stop like you did.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I don't see you swollen in your pic. I mean, there is a 15 pound difference between the before and after pics but I thought you looked pretty normal in your before one.

Kudos on kicking what was a bad habit for you!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    are all dark sodas bad, even diet ones?

No clue why I HAD to have the dark ones. Is there something different with the brown colas compared to like sprite, 7up, etc?

I have no cravings for any of them anymore....thank goodness....
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    I don't see you swollen in your pic. I mean, there is a 15 pound difference between the before and after pics but I thought you looked pretty normal in your before one.

Kudos on kicking what was a bad habit for you!

Phaedra, thank you...
    you can't see the bloat? i love you! hahahah

its definately there tho...tight pulled skin like a water balloon. lol

Thank you for the kudos!!!!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    Great job, amazing will power to stop. went from 8 cans a day last week*last few years* to allowing myself 2 cans a day this week and stuck too it (crossing fingers) I hope I can stop like you did.

You can! I'm rooting for you!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    I was addicted to Diet Coke, pretty much a junkie on the stuff. I would usually drink around 36 cans a day. I haven't completely quit yet, but now I'll have 2-6 a day, and I am slowly decreasing that amount. I was tracking my calories before I quit diet coke, and once I quit the overload of it, I dropped 8-10 lbs in two weeks without changing my average calories in or out. I'm pretty sure that was just from purging the crap outta my system, but I feel better now, and have a ton more energy.

oh yeh, tons of energy.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    OMG BUMP!
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WTG!! I continue to struggle with my own diet cola addiction. I quit smoking year ago and found that easier than quitting cola. Sad!!
    I look for stories like your as inspiration.
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    WTG!! I continue to struggle with my own diet cola addiction. I quit smoking year ago and found that easier than quitting cola. Sad!!
    I look for stories like your as inspiration.

Thank you!! You can do it... It will happen for you.
  • lindylubilou
    lindylubilou Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well done! I know how hard that it is 30 days without fizzy juice for me now and feeling so much better for it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!