Should I do more cardio?

Options
Trying to drop 20+ pounds and especially lose some fat. I normally do about 40 - 45 minutes of cardio, but today I only did 30, after doing 30 minutes of strength training. A full-body workout.

I used my stationary bike for 30 minutes and burned roughly 200 - 250 calories. I rode at....about 20 - 25 MPH according to the tracker on my bike, except a few 20 second intervals where I got up to...about 37 MPH. I know those numbers are probably way off.

I couldn't handle anymore. I do intend on playing some WII to burn more calories, but I feel like I screwed up. I still have a calorie deficit according to MFP so...

Help? :((

Replies

• CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Cardio is to help your heart and lungs, Weight/resistance training is to help your muscles, bones and metabolism.

Eating less calories than what you have been is for losing weight.

A pound of fat is 3500 calories. If you burn 10 calories a minute/600 calories an hour, it will take 5.83 hours to lose one pound, IF you do not increase calories. That’s 1.17 hours of exercise a day, five days a week, maintaining 10 calories burned a minute, no slowing down. The average person burns between 5 and 7 calories a minute. If you are burning 250 calories per day, it will take 14 days to lose a pound of fat, IF you don’t increase any calories.

If you have been eating 3000 calories a day and reduce it to 1800 (I’m a guy), you are eating at a 1200 calorie a day deficit or 8400 calories a week for, potentially, 2.4 pounds of fat removed from your body, all other things being equal.
  • ameaston22
    Options
    If you have a calorie deficit then I wouldn't worry. Also, if you were going that fast on your stationary then you definitely burned more than 250 calories. I burn 400 per half hour going 16 mph.