Not being able to feel full

Options
2»

Replies

• SlimReggieBack
    SlimReggieBack Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect solution eat a Fiber One Bar you will feel full for 3 hours at most.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Oatmeal will get me from 5am until lunch time. But I eat my oatmeal a little strangly. (with hot sauce and honey)

I am trying this tomorrow morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wanna put an even bigger spin on it... try it with egg(s) (Over easy). That's what I do to get me through work (they don't like to let you take a decent lunch break).

I know it sounds weird (and I swear I'm not pregnant, nor was I when I first came up with this almost 2 years ago). I just like interesting flavors.

I seriously cannot even comprehend what that would taste like
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed meal gets me full like no other. Right now I'm transitioning to a Primal lifestyle and I am hungry way less often, while eating around the same number of calories.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    you deffinatly need a bigger breakfast, and try and eat 3 meals with 3 snacks in between- works for me (i eat every two hours)
  • iammegs
    iammegs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add one yolk to your many egg whites, or use a one-second low-fat spray (10-25 calories depending on brand).

Sounds like the OP is missing the small bit of fat in a meal that will tell your stomach to "shut off." Fat floats to the top of your stomach, so it's the last thing to leave - when fat gets to the beginning of your small intestine, your digestive tract realizes the meal is over - as long as you're not looking for scarily low body fat for some kind of competition, that one yolk should be okay.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Isn't that breakfast around 50 calories? I'd be starving too! add some protein....eggs, for example. Oatmeal is a great choice too
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was having breakfast of around 200-250 cals up until recently and then hungry not long after. I recently upped my breakfast to 350-400 cals and it keeps me full for hours.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    More protein and fat, less carbs.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do when you just can't feel satisfied? I had that problem this morning and i couldn't stop snacking! I had a good size breakfast, two egg whites, four strawberries, and 15 grapes with two glasses of water. I waited the thirty minutes to see if i would feel full, but i just wasn't. I also had two more glasses of water before any snacks. Any tips or ideas?

Since you did strength training the day before, be willing to float some of those calories over to the next day.

Your body's needs don't stop at midnight to fuel a good workout. Maybe you weren't as hungry last night, but knew you wanted the fuel, so just slight adjustment.

Just not big enough breakfast for previous day's activity. It appears you may have been prepping for pizza that night and wanted plenty to leave over till then, but still.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My breakfast every morning:

1/2 c Kashi Go Lean Cereal
    1/2c Fiber One Bran Cereal
    1 soft boiled egg

- mix it together and it makes an EXCELLENT cereal (or at least I think so). High in fiber, high in protein

then I have 1/2 c plain nonfat greek yogurt (you can add fruit if you desire) and my coffee (black, no sugar)

I go from 7am - 12:30pm when I have my lunch break.

Give it a shot....you may like it.

My breakfast is 270 every morning - (and then whatever fruit you add)
  • BunnyPandaLove
    Options
    Oatmeal will get me from 5am until lunch time. But I eat my oatmeal a little strangly. (with hot sauce and honey)

I am trying this tomorrow morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wanna put an even bigger spin on it... try it with egg(s) (Over easy). That's what I do to get me through work (they don't like to let you take a decent lunch break).

I know it sounds weird (and I swear I'm not pregnant, nor was I when I first came up with this almost 2 years ago). I just like interesting flavors.

I seriously cannot even comprehend what that would taste like

It sounds strange. I don't even know where the idea came from. I just did it one day and liked it.
  • BunnyPandaLove
    Options

You, my friend, are some kind of genius!

LOL. Never been called a genius for my weird eating habits before...

It helps keep the oatmeal from being bland without a lot of added extra calories. If you're only using a serving of honey (about a tablespoon), it's only an extra 60 calories and hot sauce has no calories. It's less than 300 calories for a serving and a half of oatmeal (3/4 cup) and a tablespoon of honey. And it keeps me going until lunch time (from 5am until Noonish).
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The sugar in fruit is fructose. It doesn't even trigger an insulin reaction so it wont make you feel full like other carbs... very easy to over eat.