Hellooo

Options
I'm kind of new to the site. It's been a couple weeks now, I think. A friend got me into this and had added me and all that, but after a few days it made me nervous with having someone around seeing all the things that got posted, so I eventually took him off. We talked about it and it hit me one night that it probably would help and it would feel a lot better if I had others around to encourage me, and that maybe I wouldn't feel so gross or bad about myself when the people around were actually positive, so here goes!

Just in the past week or so have I seriously started to use the site, and I've lost 7lbs since starting or so. I honestly can't read the scale if I don't have my glasses, and sometimes I'm too lazy to go grab those glasses :p

I've started to ride my bike for an hour daily in the past week, and I get at least 8 miles in. Pretty exciting, everyday I feel like I can go so much further with no problem.

But anyway! He suggested I come over here and look for some friends and encouragement, so here I am! Bring oooon the friendship!

Replies

• olawditslacey
    Options
    Bumpin' to the top!
  • Klizbeth81
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me. I've been wanting to start cycling. What bike do you have, and do you ride on the roads or do you have pathways/trails?
  • Nikki_Nx
    Nikki_Nx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who wants to start cycling....I've got the bike (hubby's going to give it an MOT for me to make sure its roadworthy)....got the biker (well padded) shorts and gloves....and my helmet is somewhere around ;o)
    It would be great to have MFP friends who share the same interest, so please add me :o) xx
  • olawditslacey
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me. I've been wanting to start cycling. What bike do you have, and do you ride on the roads or do you have pathways/trails?

I honestly have no idea what kind of bike I have. I've had it for a few years and just dug it out of the garage a few days ago and wiped it down. As far as I know, it's a regular old Schwinn. There are some trails around my area, but they aren't really for just a casual rider. I live in the country part of my state, and I chose to ride on the roads. I don't think it's as dangerous around where I am because I'm only on the main road for about a mile, and on the other two roads I ride on there's hardly any traffic.
    I'm another one who wants to start cycling....I've got the bike (hubby's going to give it an MOT for me to make sure its roadworthy)....got the biker (well padded) shorts and gloves....and my helmet is somewhere around ;o)
    It would be great to have MFP friends who share the same interest, so please add me :o) xx

The bike is so much more fun than walking/running, I think! I love it. It was rough the first two or three times, but every time I go out it seems easier and easier and a lot more fun. I love the wind in your face and hair and tearing around turns when you're feeling frisky and flying down hills! :p So far the only big problem is the bike seat. I have one of those cushion things but gaaah it's like its right on the bone! My butt hurts so bad hahaha.
    Adding!