What are some healthy foods that are High in Protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Slim7Dee
    Slim7Dee Posts: 17
    Options
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Primary: Chicken breast, tuna (2-3 cans a week), cottage cheese, low fat yogurts that are high in protein like greek yogurt in US, eggs
    Secondary: Legumes (beans, lentils), milk, any cheese
    Tertiary: Walnuts, almonds, peanut butter

Needless to say the ones in primary are high protein foods with negligible carb and fat content. The ones in secondary have medium to high carb or fat content while having a decent amount of protein. Tertiary foods are the ones I eat to boost fat intake with a bit of protein. Eating nuts for protein intake is a very bad idea as you'll pack up on fats and calorie much quickly.
  • whisperer02
    Options
    I love lamb and it is a good source of protein. It is easy to cook. Just season add a little olive oil and broil. Have some salad or green vegetables on the side and dinner is served.
  • whisperer02
    Options
    I love lamb and it is a good source of protein. It is easy to cook. Just season add a little olive oil and broil. Have some salad or green vegetables on the side and dinner is served.:love:
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hummus has both garbanzo beans and chick peas in it ... and it's yummy! Lentils are a good protein source as well.

Oops ... duh ... meant to say both garbanzo beans and TAHINI in it. Garbanzo beans ARE chick peas ... Aye yi yi ... lol:blushing: