overweight for a year, happy for life?

Options
if there was some sort of pill to take, or some magic spell that caused you to be very overweight, fat, and unhappy with your appearance for one year, with possible health effects and mean things said about you, but in return have the body you always dreamt of for the rest of your life, would you do it? just a thought i had earlier, wanted everyones opinions!

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    No, because

1) possible health effects

2) nothing good is unworthy of hard work to achieve it
  • LeslieSJR
    Options
    Nope...because the work to get my ideal body is the part that's so gratifying. I think the sweat, dragging to the gym on hard days, making food choices, etc. is what creates a new life. That's my 2 cents!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope...because the work to get my ideal body is the part that's so gratifying. I think the sweat, dragging to the gym on hard days, making food choices, etc. is what creates a new life. That's my 2 cents!

^^this
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep. Been fat for 20ish years, one more wouldn't make any difference, and having a healthy body for the rest of my life without having to maintain it would be an awesome gift.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I guess I am not as noble as the above posters, cause yeah, I'd take it.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I'll admit it...I'd do it. But I guess since that possibility doesn't exist, I'm stuck doing it the hard way. Nothing worth having was every easy and blah blah blah and all that crap :wink: