Recommend a good blender

Options

Replies

• FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    NINJA, NINJA, NINJA, NINJA!!!! Did I say NINJA? It's our FAVORITE appliance period!We use it a million times a day it coompletely blends ice in less than a few seconds, its amazing!
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The NINJA is definitely the one !!
  • larkeg
    larkeg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have had a Vitamixer for about 4 years and love it. Pricey, but, high powered and well made.:flowerforyou:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'll look into the ninja. The vitamix is just way too expensive.
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    Funny thing.... we found an Oster blender at Big Lots for $15.00. Best blender we've ever owned!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    OOoo OOoo *rasises hand* I have had this issue as well until I found this amazingly cheap and extremely convenient miracle worker!

I bought the Oster Personal Blender (pink, but also available in blue) on clearance at meijer about a month ago for 24 bucks. You can get them at Target too though. I make my protein shakes in a snap with this thing and The blender is actually the to-go cup too! Can't speak enough about this product.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oster auto-reverse. Eats ice like mad and never gets struck.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have also always broken every blender I ever had...until I got the Ninja. It's still in tact and still works awesome! I wouldn't want anything else!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My Black and Decker blender was amazing.. Inexpensive and worked for well over two years until the glass broke when I dropped it moving.

I now have a Cusinart mini blender that I got as a wedding gift. Amazing little machine. I use it daily for smoothies. Comes with two blades, four travel cups (includes the tops for the travel cups), and the larger blender topper. I think it retails for around $70 here in Canada.
  • wisters
    wisters Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The vitamix is very expensive no doubt, but on the other hand, I have had mine for 10 years and it is still going strong (lots of use!). So even though I paid a ton of money for it has been so far about a 50/year investment.

That is the justification I tell myself because it was a LOT of money for me to spend at one time.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I guess it's worth all that money since it works so well and will actually last. So hard to spend that much money on a blender!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have two older Oster blenders and both are great. I picked them up at a thrift store for 12.00 for the pair and have used them daily.
  • galaxiasmama
    Options
    Thank god for this thread....I almost went insane yesterday trying to make my blender actually do its job...30 minutes later, with me having to keep turning it off to stir every 10 seconds, I finally had a decent smoothie. /:< It was only 15 dollars, I should have known lol.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    http://www.willitblend.com/

Go big or go home
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'll look into the ninja. The vitamix is just way too expensive.

I also have a Ninja. It is great for everything! I got mine at Sam's Club.
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I got tired of department store/Target blenders doing a mediocre job and then breaking. I went to a restaurant supply store and bought a commercial grade, 3 HP blender and have been happy ever since. I ended up with a Hamilton Beach model. I believe the Vitamix is 2.5 HP. That was six years ago and it is still going strong.

It may cost more up front, but save you money in the log run.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have an Oster Personal Blender and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! :bigsmile:

I used to have a Magic Bullet and I think it is along the same lines. I think I prefer Oster, though, because the blender cup is much more 'drinking cup' sized. It's not as wide as the bullet. Also, the price is amazing. It's really not that expensive (like almost 1/2 the price of a Bullet), but I use it for the same thing. I use it daily, several times.

I look at price, convenience, durability and ease.

Hope this helps!!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Love our Ninja Pro!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    oops, I just checked and my blender is not Hamilton Beach. It is a Waring X-treme commercial blender.

I am intrigued and amused by the Will It Blend website suggestion. Too funny!
  • webdaughter
    webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Funny thing.... we found an Oster blender at Big Lots for $15.00. Best blender we've ever owned!

AGREE!!!! I had a magic bullet..died. I have had other more expensive blenders too. This Oster is amazing!!! 5 stars!!!!