13»

Replies

• skipresimont
    Options
    love my ninja
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and found it for 358 one day at HSN. It normally goes for close to $500. I love it is one of the best. But consumer Reports rated the Ninja, I think as just as good for about $125. Wish I had know that before I got my vitamix. But it's worth it. We use it every day sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a day.

the vitamix is definately better

I haven't tried the vitamix but i did receive the whole set of Ninja blenders for Christmas last year. I LOVE it. It crushes, blends, purees ANYTHING. I would highly recommend the Ninja!
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    There's an article in the September addition of Consumer Reports that put blenders through various tests. I'm first place was vita-mix at a 450.00 price tag and second place the Ninja at a 60.00 value.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja Pro.... LOVE it! :):) The triple blades are great!
  • stina0t2
    stina0t2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I adore my Ninja blender. Way more affordable than the Vitamix and almost as good.
  • shaylan_
    shaylan_ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been lusting after a Vitamix for such a long time, but I'm in the same position - don't have the money to spend on a blender right now. I wound up getting a Kitchenaid blender instead. It was around $120 or so on Amazon, and I love it. I use it at least once a day, usually two or three times, and it's going strong. It has a nice heavy base, too. No wobbling around. I think a big selling point was that it came in tangerine (as well as other colors), and I love my appliances bright and colorful.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yes but will the ninja last for a lifetime? No. My cousin has had her Vitamix for almost 30 years with no signs of wear or tear.

It's also Made in America (Cleveland) and I love that. The Ninja is made in China.

First off, don't even compare things that were made 30 years ago to today's garbage. Back then they were made to last. These days they're made to last a couple years. And as far as quality goes, made in america means nothing these days. What dictates quality is the profit margin.

With that said, Magic Bullet will do the job if used what it's intended for, and it's probably made in china.
  • allishaFaye
    allishaFaye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    love, love, love my majic bullet. I would go into a major depression if it died on me.

agreed we have a bullet here to and it works wonders
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    We bought the bigger Ninja at Walmart to make smoothies with. I think it was about 70-80.00 and it alsocomes with smaller attachment. It works great. We mainly use it to make smoothies from frozen fruit, yogurt/skim milk. We have made some margaritas with ice and it worked really well!
    You do have to pulse it, pause and stir by hand a few times if you make a big batch and make sure you have enough liquid in it to make your recipe smooth.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I second the Ninja..
  • stephie4111
    Options
    love my magic bullet
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. That blender could probably crush rocks if one tried! I don't have one but my mom has one and she loves it and honestly, it really is a great blender but way too pricey for my budget!

For a more lower-end blender, I like the Oster BVCB07-Z. I will say, whatever you do, don't buy a Hamilton Beach one. Less than a year and the thing smokes every time you blend something and it takes FOREVER to get all the ice crushed :(
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Yes but will the ninja last for a lifetime? No. My cousin has had her Vitamix for almost 30 years with no signs of wear or tear.

It's also Made in America (Cleveland) and I love that. The Ninja is made in China.

First off, don't even compare things that were made 30 years ago to today's garbage. Back then they were made to last. These days they're made to last a couple years. And as far as quality goes, made in america means nothing these days. What dictates quality is the profit margin.

With that said, Magic Bullet will do the job if used what it's intended for, and it's probably made in china.

you clearly know NOTHING about the Vitamix so kindly keep your uninformed opinion to yourself. The Vitamix has been made the same way in Cleveland for almost 100 years. They've obviously improved it over the years, but the basic idea is still the same. If the quality was as awful as you claim, my cousin (who again has had hers for almost 30 years) would NOT have just bought a Vitamix for her daughter last year. She bought it because the quality is still fabulous and it will last forever.

The vitamix is amazing and will last a lifetime. The amount of money I spent on the vitamix was not just a drop in the bucket - I made an investment. I invested in the health of my family for at least the next 30 some odd years.