Stress sucks!

Options
Lots of stress in my house right now and I'm struggling. I'm struggling not to stress eat everything in my house.I'm struggling to NOT go buy a couple of gallons of ice cream to make me feel better cause I know it will just make me feel worse. I'm having a vertigo attack so am struggling to get through my workouts this week and don't feel motivated at all. I'm really worried that I'm just gonna spend this weekend wallowing with Ben and Jerry. Everything just feels so hard right now and I really needed to whine a little bit :-/

Please go back to your regular programming :-)

Replies

• GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    YOU PUT THAT SPOON DOWN AND PUT THE BEN&JERRY'S AWAY!!!!!! That will make you feel good for 5 minutes and then you will be miserable!!!! It is ok to take a break and not go overboard but you dare not give in. It didn't work before and it will not work now. Talk, yell and scream if you need to-DO NOT GIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • needanewme2012
    Options
    I'm a numbers person so I look at it like this: you've already lost 30% of your weight loss goal!!!! How excited are we when we find clothes oranything 30% off?! You can do this!
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    WALK AWAY!!!! Stress sucks, and girlfriend, I am totally w/ you right now ... finances, husband, work .... all crashing in around me right now but somehow I have turned that in to my motivation. The rest is happening around me/to me but I AND YOU can control how we look and feel!!! I use being pissed off at the gym - actual figured out how to make myself think about what sucks, get pissed off about it, and use it to crank out 3-4 more reps or push myself harder. :explode: You DO NOT need ice cream to fix it - cause it wont and you know it ~ do what you can to make your situation better and do what you can to make yourself better! I'm all for venting - bring it on!!! Awesome support on MFP - feel free to friend me if you want to really lay it out!!! :wink:
  • luv4usagi
    Options
    Ice cream may help but it doesn't fix it. ):

You just have to make yourself be good and listen to yourself say you can do this! Come here and vent as much as you need to. It's always good to have someone to talk to, even if you don't know that someone. Kinda makes it a little better too in a way! So keep shouting and only eat ice cream as a treat and don't go overboard! ;p
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    LAME

you should decide to have an awesome weekend instead.

who decides ahead of time to have a bad weekend??
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging words people! I felt better getting it out and am in a MUCH better frame of mind today. I will NOT give in to B&J today or tomorrow for that matter. I've slipped off track a bit but am headed back in the right direction. Have a great weekend!