How can i be less stressed?

Options
I don't have a lot going on in my life but i still stress easily. I worry about little things and i'm a huge over thinker!

I've been getting a few spots lately and my skin is normally clear apart from maybe 1 spot. I've reduced my dairy intake because i know that can set it off so my partner suggested it could be stress. I think he's right.

How do you stay calm? What do you do?

Anyone from the UK, please recommend some products for clear skin! Wasted so much money on products that apparently work! (But don't)

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I pray.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    I pray.

used to pray when i was a little girl but it didn't work so i don't believe in it now lol :/
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    Try apple cider vinegar tablets for you skin. Has worked wonders for me.
    For stress....
    1) Make sure you always get enough sleep, plan your life so you can get enough sleep! Many people are stressed because they are tired and this results in feeling overwhelmed.
    2) Maybe try a yoga or meditation class?
    3) Find something you can enjoy and you can be distracted at. Riding my horse is a total escape for me, I forget about everything! And it gives me something to channel my nervous energy into!
  • Angelprincess01
    Options
    I dunnow, do they have Clearasil over there? It used to work wonders for me, but my skin got too dry from it >.<
    As on remaining calm... I have no clue =/ I'm a very relaxed person by nature, so I don't have a lot of stress issues. I guess reading your fave book/watching fave movie/ doing something you like doing could help?
  • roguestates
    Options
    When I get stressed (or any other negative emotional trigger), I do push-ups. Slow, good form push-ups with deep breathing. It feels great afterwards.

It was hard in the beginning, but I can do a lot of push-ups now!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    sleep good, yoga, eat right, exercise does it for me, don't sweat the small stuff.
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Pilates or Yoga :-) never done Yoga myself but I have done Pilates and its great so relaxing!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're more concerned about stress or skin care. For the latter, I just use wheat germ oil and coconut oil. But for stress, from which I've suffered greatly all my life, I have my own form of stress management that works extremely well. I do slow breathing at least once a day - usually after supper. I do that for 15 minutes. I also exercise in short bursts, which helps a lot. The slow breathing can also be used in conjunction with meditation if you like. And, I listen to brain waves that I get on my ipod and ipad and they also help.
  • lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you are very stressed, then try to take it out in your workouts. That's what works for me. Also, try to eliminate any sources of stress in your life that you don't need. I hate yoga, but people swear that it is amazingly calming.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    yoga, massage, or just going to spa for anything really.
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i've started doing yoga for stress (a class) and always feel great afterwards.

also a nice long soak in the bath :)
  • MissLynne10
    MissLynne10 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same way, just think about WHY you're stressing, is it realistic, is stressing over it worth the potential damage to your body.

What works best for me is taking a few DEEP breaths and realizing that no matter what happens, everything WILL be okay.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Witch hazel is an awesome astringent. Good luck! I run to be less stressed.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    Me, personally, I'm just getting over it quicker. It's like the older I get the less I give a crap. As someone else mentioned, when something really bothers me, I just take it out on my own body.
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    I don't have a lot going on in my life but i still stress easily. I worry about little things and i'm a huge over thinker!

I've been getting a few spots lately and my skin is normally clear apart from maybe 1 spot. I've reduced my dairy intake because i know that can set it off so my partner suggested it could be stress. I think he's right.

Anyone from the UK, please recommend some products for clear skin! Wasted so much money on products that apparently work! (But don't)

To be honest the best thing you can do for clear skin is lay off the products especially make up and just soap and water and a good moisturizer. If you are getting spots , some rose water (which is very easy to make) kept in the fridge and put on a cotton wool pad then held against it every couple of hours will help bring it out and reduce the swelling . (Check for allergic reactions first though x)
    As far as stress goes, break whats worrying you down into manageable chunks and then try and tackle it, if its a bad case of the what ifs (ie what if I invite the parents over but then what if that offends so and so and then what if the parents have a row and then they drive off and have a major car accident and what if ..) (yes this is basically what I can do for HOURS) then theres a couple of options like having a good partner who will tell you to stop , distracting yourself , acknowledging the worries maybe by writing them down but then put that in a drawer and step away from it .
    However with all of this , it's easy to say, not so easy to do which again trust me I know so best of luck and hope you find something that helps :)
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The best way to be less stressed is to remove the stressors from your life if possible - whether they are mental or physical.

Remember that physical exercise causes stress as well, your body responds to both mental and physical stress by releasing cortisol. Cortisol levels jump from both cardio and strength training, and take several hours to return to normal levels. (This is also why it's better to not exercise/get stressed out right before bed as cortisol interferes with fat oxidation while you are sleeping).

If you are stressing about minor things, you may need a distraction/hobby/activity to keep you from worrying needlessly.

Alternatively, maybe you need to spend time alone with your thoughts and let them come to rest. Yoga and/or meditation are two great ways to "center" and reduce stress.

There's no one true answer because everyone is different, but I hope this info helps. :)
  • haylz247
    Options
    Try apple cider vinegar tablets for you skin. Has worked wonders for me.
    For stress....
    1) Make sure you always get enough sleep, plan your life so you can get enough sleep! Many people are stressed because they are tired and this results in feeling overwhelmed.
    2) Maybe try a yoga or meditation class?
    3) Find something you can enjoy and you can be distracted at. Riding my horse is a total escape for me, I forget about everything! And it gives me something to channel my nervous energy into!

never been horse riding but i would love to start! Trouble is, it's a bit costly. Guess i'll have to save a bit. Love horses :) I try and get 8 hours but i wake up a lot which is annoying.
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I doubt that any product will work if your skin problems are due to stress. Make sure you drink plenty of water. When you're feeling stressed, go for a walk and try to relax. Remember, things usually work out...maybe not a quickly as we'd like...but they work out....
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I get a monthly massage. That helps! I also relax with a yummy cup of tea(you should try Tisano cacao tea! YUM! It relaxes me so much)
  • haylz247
    Options

To be honest the best thing you can do for clear skin is lay off the products especially make up and just soap and water and a good moisturizer. If you are getting spots , some rose water (which is very easy to make) kept in the fridge and put on a cotton wool pad then held against it every couple of hours will help bring it out and reduce the swelling . (Check for allergic reactions first though x)
    As far as stress goes, break whats worrying you down into manageable chunks and then try and tackle it, if its a bad case of the what ifs (ie what if I invite the parents over but then what if that offends so and so and then what if the parents have a row and then they drive off and have a major car accident and what if ..) (yes this is basically what I can do for HOURS) then theres a couple of options like having a good partner who will tell you to stop , distracting yourself , acknowledging the worries maybe by writing them down but then put that in a drawer and step away from it .
    However with all of this , it's easy to say, not so easy to do which again trust me I know so best of luck and hope you find something that helps :)

My partner is a saint to put up with me! I need to learn to stop stressing.

I totally understand about the no make up and crap on the face, but i feel uncomfortable. I'm using a mineral foundation at the moment but i'm fine with that as i have used it before. I'll try the rose water :) thank you