scared to eat cheese and bread

Options
yup through out my dieting for a year, well all my life I have finally became scared to eat cheese and bread :( I just can't get it out of my head that it will be bad for me and cause an pile of weight gain, considering what my calorie intake is today i know i can have them but I'm literally scared to eat them :S wish I felt the same towards chocolate :(

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    As a cheesehead, I'm offended.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Poor you, I LOVE cheese!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    As a cheesehead, I'm offended.

and also with you
  • ks33182
    ks33182 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    get yourself some string cheese, you can find low fat/low cal for only 60 calories a piece, just don't eat 10 at a time :-) and choose whole wheat bread if you want some bread.
  • bauerluv
    Options
    :frown: Yikes.. I feel so sorry for you. Cheese and bread are heavenly! Moderation girl. M-O-D-E-R-A-T-I-O-N.

I totally agree...it's all about moderation. Also, try Crystal Farms Light String Cheese if you need/want a cheese fix. At only 50 calories it's pretty much guilt free and you still get the benifits of cheese. I understand though, I couldn't eat cheese for years either.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    cheese and bread are good, and good for you! don't be scared!! eat it! in moderation of course :)!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to be afraid of unless you're lactose or gluten intolerant.

Personally, there's not much I like more than cheese and bread together. Grilled cheese, cheesy breadsticks, big soft prezel with cheese dip. Yum.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Screw string cheese... Get yourself some Merlot Sartori Bellavitano, or a 25 yr Black Diamond aged cheddar... Make it worth it. And eat it on some Asiago bread!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese and bread every day...and I lost 55 lbs! Like others have said, it is all in moderation. However, if you don't want to eat them and think it will be too much of a temptation for you, then don't eat them. Eat other dairy products and grains and you will be fine!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    For the love of gravy, now I need some cheese...

/off to the kitchen
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Grow up....For crying out loud.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am going to make some cheese on toast. Thank you for the idea! :flowerforyou:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Screw string cheese... Get yourself some Merlot Sartori Bellavitano, or a 25 yr Black Diamond aged cheddar... Make it worth it. And eat it on some Asiago bread!!!

i told you, IM EASY...stop trying to seduce me.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Watch out for the teeth on the cheese and the knife in the bread's backpocket and you're all good.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    yup through out my dieting for a year, well all my life I have finally became scared to eat cheese and bread :( I just can't get it out of my head that it will be bad for me and cause an pile of weight gain, considering what my calorie intake is today i know i can have them but I'm literally scared to eat them :S wish I felt the same towards chocolate :(

I would seek professional help, fearing certain foods like that abnormal thinking.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    But, you do eat bread. So... surely you know by now whether or not it will make you gain a pile of weight?
  • odusgolp
    Options

i told you, IM EASY...stop trying to seduce me.

I know how you like it... Wanna party with Havarti?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    bread is more likely to harm you than cheese. If you get a high quality cheese, you're getting healthy fat, and protein. Bread these days is just a bag of chemicals.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    No individual food items cause fat gain on their own. Stop being afraid of food and start focusing on total daily nutrition.

Fat gain is caused from overconsumption of calories over long periods of time. Fat storage will not exceed fat oxidation if you are eating at a calorie deficit.
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    I usually eat 2slices of toast for breakfast I find that keeping most of my carbs before 3 is better for me and when I say bread I mean sprouted grain bread (Ezekiel bread) no preservatives. It's quite dense so it fills you up and it's so good for you. As far as cheese goes I personally don't eat much dairy period . But a string cheese is no biggie. You shouldn't be scared of any food. You can have what you want as long as you log it.