srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do greek yogurt smoothies all the time
    nuts-all nuts
    seeds- all seeds
    nut butters
    guacamole
    salsa

Lately I've been experimenting with mixing spices into greek yogurt and making my own dips for veggies..

Play around :)

That's one thing I have not tried, but I will definitely experiment with greek yogurt instead of sour cream for dips! Thanks! :)
  • niclan724
    niclan724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • srudis25
    Options
    Microwaved potato chips with sea salt, they are so yum!!

Do you microwave regular chips? Or unsalted chips and sprinkle with sea salt?
  • mcraven1212
    Options
    Steamed edamame....yum!! :smile:
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Farro

(It's what the Roman army ate - so it must be manly)

Mixed cooked Farro with fresh basil, diced tomatoes, garlic and feta

I'm not familiar with Farro, but always willing to try something new! Thanks! :)

It's a whole grain, similar to wheat berry - it's most likely near the rice (or rice mixes) and couscous in your grocery. Really easy to cook - boil it for 15 minutes. It has a nice firm chewiness, not mushy or soft.
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Anything dipped with Tzatziki Greek yogurt. I like panko breaded Zucchini in Olive oil. Really any veggies with Tzatziki Greek yogurt.

For something like a chip try Quakers Rice cake - caramel corn flavor.

Bump this to save for later to get more snack ideas!

Elephantbutt.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Kale chips, apple slices with Nutella, fruit with greek yogurt
  • srudis25
    Options
    bump
  • srudis25
    Options
    Farro

(It's what the Roman army ate - so it must be manly)

Mixed cooked Farro with fresh basil, diced tomatoes, garlic and feta

I'm not familiar with Farro, but always willing to try something new! Thanks! :)

It's a whole grain, similar to wheat berry - it's most likely near the rice (or rice mixes) and couscous in your grocery. Really easy to cook - boil it for 15 minutes. It has a nice firm chewiness, not mushy or soft.

Thank you! I will look for this next time I grocery shop! I just started incorporating quinoa into my diet and this sounds like another good option!
  • rsward
    rsward Posts: 45
    Options
    bump
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    If you don't have an account on Pinterest, I highly recommend getting one. Not only have I found countless great snack recipes, but I have made about 6 healthy main dish meals from recipes I got on there that were all winners. In addition to that, I've gotten some really motivational and stellar fitness tips!
  • srudis25
    Options
    If you don't have an account on Pinterest, I highly recommend getting one. Not only have I found countless great snack recipes, but I have made about 6 healthy main dish meals from recipes I got on there that were all winners. In addition to that, I've gotten some really motivational and stellar fitness tips!

Thanks for the suggestion! I do have a an account on Pinterest, just haven't done much with it, but I'll take a look! Thanks! :smile:
  • Morgan803
    Morgan803 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    cucumbers are good as chips but lately ive been dehydrating things like zuchinni, squash, eggplant, tomatoes, they get super crispy just like chips and are deeeeeelicious