Keep Losing Friends...

Options
I've been on MFP for about 8 months, but have been working on my fitness for 2 years. In 2010 I was 268 lbs. and a heavy smoker (2 packs a day). I quit smoking in July of that year and knew I needed something to help with that. I also knew I was going to eat like crazy to stave off the nicotine cravings. So I joined a gym and started a new fitness "hobby". I lost 40 lbs. in that first year, but have kind of "yo-yo'ed" since then. MFP has helped, especially being able to see other success stories and how they were accomplished. The only downside is seeing people either reach their goals in a couple of months and quit logging, or just get bored or frustrated and quit as well. Looking for friends who are making a lifestyle change and are genuinely interested in health and fitness.

Apparently you can't make more than 5 FR's in 10 minutes, so if I miss you then send me one and I will accept. Thanks for all of your replies and good luck to all!

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Definite lifestyle change for me! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • VikkiGettingFit
    Options
    Same here!
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    I am here for the long haul. I know that tracking is the key and this site is a great place to get the encouragement and motivation a person needs. Add me if you would like. I log in every day.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! I can't promise I won't eventually leave, but I tend to be pretty goal oriented/obsessed once I start something. I have a lot to lose and I really want to make this a life style change as well. :D
  • alortega730
    alortega730 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Can add me.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I think logging just makes me more conscientious when selecting what I eat, so I don't see myself ever stopping it entirely.
  • Kmdforsythe
    Kmdforsythe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I am going to be here for a long time.
  • matmismel
    matmismel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have logged every day for 100 days and plan to continue for hundreds more. Not everyday is perfect but I am commited to living better and reaching my health and weight loss goals. Feel free to add me.
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Here for the long haul....feel free to add me!!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am here daily and plan to continue.
  • charitas32
    Options
    I'm here for the next couple of yrs, lot to lose andthen probably even more importantly I need to learn how to maintain. Feel free to add me
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I'm in this for the long haul!
  • sevaggia
    Options
    You can add me as a friend.. I do not have any friends on here and am trying to lose weight all by myself. My husband says he wants to lose some weight and somewhat supports me but does nothing but say good job when I reach a milestone. It is always nice to have another friend. :)
  • Jrbagels
    Jrbagels Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for a few weeks but I love it so far. I only have a couple friends, too. Having a few more might be nice. Feel free to add me too.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Hey there...I am definitely trying to do the same thing. We also started at nearly the same weight according to the ticker.

My loss may go slow, but I am a consistent logger and I am really trying to be just as concious of my fitness goals. I've recently added some lifting (trying to do more free weights/resistance and get away from using the machines) to my exercise routine and it's starting to show. I went from being able to only do 6 push-ups last winter to 14 at my recent fitness check. And my bicep strength went from "needs work" to "fit". So, although the weight is slow to drop, I have some things to motivate me to keep working.
  • tattoogrrl28
    Options
    Anyone thats motivated to make a lifestyle change can add me! I log in every day!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 4 years ago, this May I put a real effort into fitness, Since July 5th I have yet to miss a day at the gym. I work out 14-20 hours a week. I'm down 22lbs, 15% body fat and around 10-11 inches on my waist. I log everything including beers. I am addicted to fitness. I have no choice in the matter, my life and future all depend on it. It is not a hobby, it is a life style change for me.
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change for me and I log every day! Feel free to add. Good luck.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm going to be a life time member on MFP. I'm the type of person that has to log food or I will gain weight. : ( Sad, but true!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    You can add me as well bud.