What is the best compliment . . .

Options
pain_is_weakness
pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
someone has ever said to you?

Replies

• jlevie313
    Options
    I don't know the best compliment, but one time I was driving I had stopped at a red light and this man next to me asked me to roll down the window. I looked like crap hadn't done anything with myself and I honestly thought he was going to ***** at me for my driving or something and he just said "you are very pretty have a nice day" I was stunned didn't know what to say besides thank you and It made me happy all day and even when I think about it . :smile:
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options
    wow, that is very nice! Especially if someone felt compelled to just say it to you for no hidden reason, nice!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    "Your personality and manners are amazing!"

Random girl at Subway after hearing me interact with the employee on duty.
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options
    ahhh very sweet. I always like when someones compliments my personality becuase then i know I have made an impression!
  • whierd
    Options
    I take what I can get. :-)
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options
    You have an aweosme smile, you look like a fun person!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    the pharmacy I frequent has a regular cashier lady and one day she said to me, "you are the politest person I've ever come across" and I was shocked! I'll never forget it! Though it makes me sad that it was out of the ordinary for her to say so...being sincere and nice to people goes a long way...IRL! here? my thoughts go out my fingers too fast and I lack the social filter - I don't think it works the same brain to motor movement as brain to out of mouth. if that makes sense. oops! :D
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Mine actually comes from a female elderly client. My first day working at a new branch, she stopped me and said "I just wanted to tell you, you are so beautiful!" This is me at 240-something pounds!

Then a few months later her son came in with her and she turned to him and said, "this is the pretty girl I was telling you about".

So sweet! My husband says I have a "throwback" look, like women had in the 40's-50's, so I think that's why a lot of older people think I'm beautiful, LOL.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Nice tits. I said thank you, but I'm a guy. I was so confused.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    A woman I didn't recognize gave me a big hug in the hallway of the courthouse. She told me her name. I had arrested her previously for meth manufacturing. She thanked me for arresting her and said it helped her turn her life around.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't know the best compliment, but one time I was driving I had stopped at a red light and this man next to me asked me to roll down the window. I looked like crap hadn't done anything with myself and I honestly thought he was going to ***** at me for my driving or something and he just said "you are very pretty have a nice day" I was stunned didn't know what to say besides thank you and It made me happy all day and even when I think about it . :smile:

That is adorable, I often tell people they are pretty but it's nice to hear it can actually make their day
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    First time I shaved my head, "Can I lick your head?" Totally random lady.

"Jesus you are some kind of specimen, look at you! You are one bad dude!"

"You're one tough son of a *****"

"I've heard the stories, can I try?"

My favorite from my old Drill Sgt., "Soldier you are going to make one HELL of a fine Drill Sergean one day!"
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    Compliments from my patients mean the most to me. I've had the usual compliments on my weight loss, but what really moves me is when someone commends me on my manners or how well I'm doing my job, how I should go for bigger things, how great I'm doing for my age. They all become my mom for a brief moment and boy let me tell you, there is nothing like hearing a stranger say how proud they are of you.
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options

My favorite from my old Drill Sgt., "Soldier you are going to make one HELL of a fine Drill Sergean one day!"

lol, bald heads kinda have a calling
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I ran in to an old friend last weekend and got "omg look at you, you look so fit". That has been the best one in a long time, felt good to have someone really take notice of my arms/shoulders etc.

The other day I got a "hello gorgeous" and a "it was so nice to see your beautiful face this morning, it made my day". I am so not used to compliments, nevermind so many in one week. I am also finally learning to just smile and say "thank you".
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options
    A woman I didn't recognize gave me a big hug in the hallway of the courthouse. She told me her name. I had arrested her previously for meth manufacturing. She thanked me for arresting her and said it helped her turn her life around.

that is pretty awesome, i think this would be somethign that would stick with me the longest!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I was in the grocery store one day a few months ago, and I was looking particularly terrible that day (at least I thought so).. I was just about to leave after paying for my groceries and the guy who was bagging my groceries, probably my age or a little older, randomly said to me "You are very beautiful" and smiled. I just said "oh, thank you" but I was really caught off guard. Haha. Made me feel good though.
  • whierd
    Options

Bald is beautiful. Brofive!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options

Bald is beautiful. Brofive!

I didn't used to be into bald dudes. Then Michael Symon changed me forever.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I get compliments on my outfits all the time, sometimes from perfect strangers.

One time, Tony Award nominee Celia Keenan-Bolger told me she liked my dress. Another time, Tony Award winner Idina Menzel told me she liked my hat. (Yes, I am bragging here, and chances are, not many people will even know who Celia or Idina are but I DON'T CARE.)

I have had female friends tell me that they would 'go lesbian' for me.

But I think the very best came when I was getting my hair cut and I brought a picture of Marion Cotillard in because I was totally copying one of her hairstyles, and the lady cutting my hair asked me if we were related, because we looked similar. HA HA HA WHAT, I LOOK NOT A THING LIKE MARION COTILLARD but it was still an amazing compliment because she is the most beautiful woman in the world, sooo.