Heavy Whipping Cream Alternatives

Options
Iceprincessk25
Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
I have a recipe that calls for heavy whipping cream. Are there any healthier alternatives for this?

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Not sure how/if it would affect the recipe, but maybe regular whipping cream or half and half...?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It's a kind of pudding/mousse. I can adjust the other stuff except for the whipping cream.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It may be better to just do it then with the heavy whipping cream...if you adjust for every ingredient, it won't taste good. Better to only adjust some of the ingredients.
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    There's no real alternative :)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Probably not for what you're doing with it. I've switched milk for heavy cream in a recipe for homemade green bean casserole, where you make the cream of mushroom soup from scratch. I would imagine that using it in a pudding/mousse, part of the reason you're using the heavy cream is because it will whip...

Just think though, as rich and yummy as that is going to be, you'll only need a couple of spoonfuls to satisfy the taste buds.
  • transformedjenny
    Options
    Heavy Whipping cream is GOOD. change the sugar to agave. My mother in law lost 40 lbs on suzanne somers diet using cream without abandon!!! :)