First 5k running times?

Options
Hello everyone! I'm happy to say I just completed my first 5k this morning, it is called the Gopher to Badger 5k. I did it in 32:00 minutes. I feel pretty awesome about that time because it was my first 5k, and although I have been exercising for about 9 months I only just got into running for distance in June. I'm already looking forward to my next 5k, and I may do 2 more before the end of the year.

So, my first 5k time was 32:00 minutes. What was yours?

Replies

• camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    22:18, but I had a long running history before I ever signed up for a real 5k
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I haven't done my first yet - shooting for the Cheese Days Chase in September.

I'll be a lot slower than you were, but it will be a start.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just did my first real race today, and I managed it in 28:11.

I really wanted to hit the 30 minute and under mark, so I'm happy I achieved that goal! I'd love to be running a 5k at closer to twenty minutes come next year though.
  • szuszanna
    szuszanna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first one today! My time was no where near as good as all of yours though. I finished in 47:42. But hey, considering I only just finished week 6 of c25k and pulled something in my back, I'll take it! lol
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Awesome everyone! I think it doesn't matter what others get, as long as you feel good about your time. I'm going to start running more miles per week or just more miles at a time (more than 3) so then a 5k will feel easier.
  • szuszanna
    szuszanna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I was one of the last runners to cross the finish line, but everyone was still cheering and excited for me. And I still ran it faster than my fiance who didn't run it at all! lol
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    So, my first 5k time was 32:00 minutes. What was yours?

Congratulations on the awesome time!
    My first 5k time was 28 years ago, when I was in the Army, 21:30 minutes.
    I miss those days! :smile:
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I was one of the last runners to cross the finish line, but everyone was still cheering and excited for me. And I still ran it faster than my fiance who didn't run it at all! lol

That mentality is exactly how I coaxed my husband to run with me! Haha!
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was done in June of this year. I was around 100lbs over weight when I did it. I walked/jogged it instead of running.

My time was 53 min

The second 5k that I did was last month and I dropped the time to 48 min :))

Making progress <3
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just did my first real race today, and I managed it in 28:11.

I really wanted to hit the 30 minute and under mark, so I'm happy I achieved that goal! I'd love to be running a 5k at closer to twenty minutes come next year though.

great job..just ran my first today also in 29:48 it wasnt the same 5k was it...haha
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was 34:07 - it was on grass and had some hills. 2 weeks later, my second was 30:45 - flat, on asphalt.

Edited to say: Congrats on your first 5K!!!!!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The first one I ever did was 49 minutes and change with mostly walking and a little running.

The first one I did where I ran the entire distance was 34:18.
  • lipidator
    Options
    Congratulations! I did my first 5k last December in 31:00. I was part of a C25K-like group. I couldn't run a mile when I started! Did my 2nd 5k in 26:08 back in May. It's amazing how much easier it becomes when you keep up with it! Keep going!!!
  • lhoppe
    lhoppe Posts: 10
    Options
    I didn't start running til I was 48 yrs old; 2 years ago. My first 5k was around the 34 minute mark. Second 5k was 32 minutes and third 5k was 31 mintues. I am attempting the Disney 1/2 Marathon in Sept for my 50th B Day. Really planning on run/walk. Have to keep under the 16 minute mile mark or they pick you up & drive you to the finish line. :ohwell:
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and GREAT job!

Today was MY first race, too! It was a 4.8 mile run, and I did it in 47:51 -- which was much faster than I expected, and faster than any training run of a similar distance. It was sooooo muuuuch funnnnn!!
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    I did my first 5k today!! It was Color Me Rad. I finished in 23 mins. My fastest time ever. I think running in a pack motivates you to keep up with everyone! I didn't stop bc I didn't want to be left behind!! :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and GREAT job!

Today was MY first race, too! It was a 4.8 mile run, and I did it in 47:51 -- which was much faster than I expected, and faster than any training run of a similar distance. It was sooooo muuuuch funnnnn!!

Good job Rob!

My 5K times are in my profile. First one was a walk/run and was 46 minutes. The first one I ran entirely was around 41 minutes. My latest one was about 38.5 minutes so I'm getting faster!
  • dellafiora3395
    dellafiora3395 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My first was at the end of June, and I clocked in at 31:03. I was quite proud, since it was a VERY hilly course and I ran all but about two minutes of it.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    32' is a great time for a first 5k - enjoy your next one! :-)