HELP me estimate calories!

Options
ieva015
ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
hey guys.
so today my dads girlfriend made this vegetable soup, consisting only of vegetables - carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, tomatoes, potato and blended it with blender to make it creamy. no water or other ingredients were added.
it was really good by the way :):drinker:
so what do you think, how many calories did one big bowl of this soup had?
thanks ! :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If it really had nothing else added, then it has very few. It's usually the chicken stock or the cream base that adds the calories. Potato is starchy, but the rest of what you had on the list is amazing. Eat it up!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've attempted this before and it's nearly impossible to calculate a portion like that. My only suggestion is.

* measure your portion
    * about 3 table spoons of something solid about 1/4 - 1/2 of the cup.

So, next time you eat this meal, people will think you are nuts. But see how many of ingredients you are eating by measuring with your tablespoon.

Or, simply go to http://bit.ly/TrRhT0 and save yourself whole lot of trouble :)
  • iotoole
    iotoole Posts: 2
    Options
    Most of the soup consisted of low-cal foods so i would estimate around 100-300 calories depending on how much soup you eat
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Why don't you just log it?? You can recreate the soup by choosing each ingredient separately
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. That sounds great. Based that most of those veggies are probably about 40 cal a cup with the potatoes being closer to 100 cal in a solid form, puréed would be higher, the potatoe are are dense so, no need t add to that. I would guess about 90 cal a cup is a good estimate
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    A big bowl? I have a few different size bowls. A big bowl of mine I would say 200ish calories.