Looking for people who want to lose weight eating real food

Options

Replies

• suzame
    suzame Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Let's swap recipes! I made a tasty black bean quinoa burger last week, it was so good we had it two nights in a row. We try to go meatless a couple nights a week. Tonight we had salmon, arugula salad, pineapple peach salsa and peach berry crisp with homemade ice cream...and I think I am still within my goal (or only slightly over).
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Same here! People who eat real food and don't do the whole low calorie thing, please add me :)
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great finding folks who love real food as I do! Feel free to add me.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request along with a message. :smile: :drinker:
  • ctumbarello
    ctumbarello Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love the concept of this group. I was actually feeling guilty for eating butter! I don't eat a lot of butter, but I can't imagine toast without butter or cooking without olive oil. I am finding that I just need to eat less. This allows me to eat the things I like. Of course, I know I really can't be eating chips very often, even though I LOVE tortilla chips and popcorn. I think it's the salt I crave, because on the most part I really can live without sweets. One challenge with eating real food is I really don't like vegetables. I find with calorie dense foods I can't eat the volume I am used to. I would love to have anyone in this group as a friend. Cindy
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is so me. My Wife and I use real butter to cook with also. Since joining here I haven't gone after low-fat or diet anything. As keeponkickin said, "calories in, calories out." It really is that simple. I ate 3 pieces of pizza the other day and still lost weight. I planned earlier in the day to spend the calories on pizza, exercised a little, and limited what I ate earlier in the day, and it worked. Simple as that.

That sounds like my plan for today. :laugh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    From a weight loss stand point you can eat anything you want. It's as simple as calories in vs. calories out. Typically I find people eating "diet" foods because they want to continue to eat higher volumes. Typically what you call "real" food is very dense calorie wise, so you don't get to eat a lot of it.

Calories in less than calories out and you'll lose weight, that simple. Good luck and happy eating!
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was raised in a family with Italian decent in the deep south. Food is a big part of my mental life.(At least I do not have a typical sweet tooth to worry about) I have 3 kids and finding food that suits a healthier lifestyle for me and they enjoy is quite difficult.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds in 7 weeks eating real food and adding exercise to my (formerly) sedentary lifestyle. :0) Feel free to add me so we can inspire each other.
  • yc46
    yc46 Posts: 10
    Options
    I found this website two weeks ago recommended by my daughters; joined it and also joined a new gym that opened in our neighborhood. I'm tracking "everything" that enters my mouth!! LOL I am learning to read those nutrition labels. I've lost 8 lbs in two weeks but attribute most of it to exercising at the gym. I am cooking with real food - no boxed junk. I had a snack of 5 Premium saltine crackers with 1/2 an avocado and it was 300 calories but I burned those calories this morning on the treadmill so I'm still safe. Congratulations on your continuation of weight loss and joining this website.
  • yc46
    yc46 Posts: 10
    Options
    Amazing.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Started running and getting back to real, whole foods and less sugar...Find this satisfies me for longer periods of time...Consume less total calories per day than when I started MFP...

Feel Free to add me...
  • lm2009
    lm2009 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined today. Looking forward to being to track how many calories I am eating so that I can lose weight.

Feel free to add me as well!!
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also only eat real food. I rather eat like this cause I see too many people use products or specific diets and when they stop:grumble: they regain. I have lost 30 pounds this way so its doable and according to everyone else here ...good luck:flowerforyou:
  • winterdancer
    Options
    I am wanting to eat real food and lose weight that way welcome suggestions so count me in
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat "real" food too. Butter, bacon, and I drink wine. Just in moderation and not every single day. I dropped 15 pounds just through portion control, but hit a plateau and finally came to the realization that whether I like it or not, exercise needs to be part of the big picture too. So now I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 90 Day Body Revolution and I'm losing again (and enjoying exercise for the first time in my life, yay!).

I don't understand all the processed foods. I wasn't raised eating like that and much of what I've tried doesn't even taste good, so I don't see the point. It really doesn't take much longer to cook from scratch and the results are a million times better. The only thing I struggle with is getting enough protein (good meat is expensive!), so I have to admit I'm kind of tempted by those protein powders.
  • allisonshaw710
    allisonshaw710 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You totally do not have to eat weird shakes or fat free processed crap to lose weight. I eat bread (even white bread--ciabata=yum!), pasta, steak, sausage, as well as of course fruits, veggies, dairy, etc! even sweets sometimes (although usually go w/the ones that are low cal like, like skinny cow ice creams). Anyways, it is all delicious, nutritious and fits into my daily calorie goals! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi there! I eat real food, cook, bake all from scratch. I love food. I grew up eating 100% homemade food. I workout at least 5 times per week. I was never overweight. It is not that easy to keep the shape after 40, so joined MFP. I like it. Feel free to add me.
  • lainieg
    lainieg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am with all of you, i lost about 20lbs eating low fat no fat no taste food. Well , then i gained it all back because i love food and i missed real food. So now i am just making what i want to eat and trying to choose better ways to do it. I eat real eggs, real bacon and i even eat bread. I am stepping up my exercise routine and hopefully i will be able to post a loss very soon. :o)
  • liveheatby
    Options
    How is that done