What to pair with...

Options
MtTovey
MtTovey Posts: 58 Member
Tilapia? My husband and I weren't raised to enjoy the fruits of the sea's labor so when making it for dinner, what do you put with it?

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    A garbage bag then grill up some chicken & steak!

Sorry I have nothing useful to add, I just don't like sea food. I wish I did because it's a nutrional power-house food group!

From a chefs perspective (I used to be one WAY back in the day), you could whip up a pesto spread for it and couple that with some greenbeans w/ almond slices and perhaps some lightly grilled cherry tomatoes?
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love seafood. You can sprinkle a little garlic, olive oil, and slices of lemon, dill and hen bake.

You can also mix lemon , dill, pepper, with a little low fat mayo or miracle whip, and spread it on an bake.

Orange zest, orange juice, sesame seeds, soy

I usually have something a little salty, and acid, plus a little spice or herb
  • bginnrn
    bginnrn Posts: 1
    Options
    Lemon Pepper is a great seasoning for many fish........and steamed veggies as well! Good luck!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i usually just bake it with a bit of pepper on it, or i do parmasean encrusted tilapia, which is really easy. i usually have steamed broccoli and brown rice with it. it's delicious, and my kids LOVE it!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I love fish just lightly fried with boiled potato and green beans. Will sometimes add a basic tomato sauce by adding chopped fresh tomatoes, herbs to the green beans and heat through. Simple and tasty. Calories pemitting have some nice bread and butter.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I would pair it with chardonnay or riesling! Oh wait... one can dream.

You can try it with parmesan crust or lemon/butter sauce or with mango. You'll probably favor this last option least but it's surprisingly good.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Tilapia putenesca is a favorite at my house. eatingwell.com has a awesome recipe and it's less than 200 cal a serving. Its a favorite at my house
  • MtTovey
    Options
    A garbage bag then grill up some chicken & steak!

Sorry I have nothing useful to add, I just don't like sea food. I wish I did because it's a nutrional power-house food group!

From a chefs perspective (I used to be one WAY back in the day), you could whip up a pesto spread for it and couple that with some greenbeans w/ almond slices and perhaps some lightly grilled cherry tomatoes?

LMAO. Never are my husband and I! We're attempting! :D And thanks for the advice.
  • MtTovey
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips everyone!