Just a reminder----read this!

Options
I just wanted to remind people about texting and driving. DONT DO IT. Not worth it. I am a cyclist, I ride in the road right along with you cars. The other day, I was cut off by this Toyota Camry that was pulling to the curb to parallel park. I was in front of her, but she pulled ahead, and cut me off. Had NO CLUE I was there, and would have hit me had I not taken evasive action. What was she doing? Yup: tap tap tap on her phone. So please, for all the cyclists, walkers, and other drivers:
DONT TEXT AND DRIVE!!!! It is not a choice that only affects you! It may be ME that you end up killing!

Replies

• 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Well said. There is really nothing that important to text about while you are driving.
    Your life and the life of an innocent bystander is more valuable then saying Hi to your friend!!!

ps..... I might hit you on purpose tho if you're wearing a Cowboys Tshirt just saying...... LOL jk
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Or yourself.... or a someone on a motorcycle....
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Always a good remnder - I have been close to being hit both while walking and while driving. people, are you so arrogant that you think your message cannot wait until the car has stopped?
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Glad you are OK! Definitely agree with what you said.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    In some states, you could be put in jail for felony manslaugher for killing someone because of this.
    I was also a tow truck driver, and it is even more dangerous. Just a few months ago, a fellow tow truck driver was killed by some kid who didnt pay attention on the highway. He now faces two felonies, as he should, one for hittin the guy, and one for running.
    Sacramento is a great city to ride a bicycle, but unfortunately, California leads the way in this type of incident.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good message, thanks for posting. Glad you're okay. As a pedestrian, I know how important it is to be extra alert to drivers. On a few occasions I've had to hurry out of the way while I was walking across the street with the walk signal because the drivers weren't paying attention.
  • justagirl34
    Options
    Definitely! It is against the law in California! Would you close your eyes for five seconds while driving? Looking down and reading or writing a text is the same thing! Your eyes are off the road!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Definitely! It is against the law in California! Would you close your eyes for five seconds while driving? Looking down and reading or writing a text is the same thing! Your eyes are off the road!

Thats a great point.