Mio?

Options
Okay everyone, I am so so so bored of water! I've given up my beloved diet coke, and really only drink water, unsweetened teas, and an occasional powerade. I quit diet coke because of the artificial sweeteners and bloating effect it tends to give, and have heard that the Mio water enhancers are naturally sweetened. It seems too good to be true! I would love a healthy, natural, way to spice up my daily water, but don't want to get fixed on something that could be just as bad as diet coke. Let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    There is nothing natural about Mio. I buy it though.
  • LeslieG805
    Options
    Ohhh I have to tell you my latest find! Crystal Light Energy - Wild Strawberry!! I LOVE that stuff! It has 60mg of caffeine but it doesnt give me the jitters or heart palpitations.
    I am still a coffee drinker in the morning, then I drink no more than two packets (two 16oz water bottles) a day of the Crystal Light Energy. The wild strawberry is delicious!

...forgot, its only 10 calories a single packet - sugar free (aspartame)
  • girlcube
    girlcube Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mio is still a bunch of chemicals, "natural" or no. Here's a sample ingredient list from their Peach Tea flavor;

Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Contains Less Than 2% Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfamine Potassium, Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate

If you ditched diet soda for the artificial sweeteners, Mio still has them. I use mint, lemon, lime, and cucumber to jazz up my water. I also switch it up to drinking fizzy mineral water, and that seems to help too.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    There's nothing natural about it.

As one of the PP's said, I use mint, lime, lemon, cucumbers, raspberries and other fruits to give my water a kick :)
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I use Mio. Helps me drink the water I need each day. It's easy to carry out to eat.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love Mio!!! I was a 2+liter a day coke drinker and this does the trick for me...It tastes wonderful and if it keeps me from drinking coke, Im a happy camper!!! My favorites are the black cherry and strawberry watermelon. I also find the generic brands of Walmart and Vons taste pretty much the same and a little cheaper:)
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Mio is the ONLY way i get my water intake down... i thing the benefits of getting the water in, outweigh the risks of whats in the mio. At least IMO. ((Shrugs))
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I have to tell you my latest find! Crystal Light Energy - Wild Strawberry!! I LOVE that stuff! It has 60mg of caffeine but it doesnt give me the jitters or heart palpitations.
    I am still a coffee drinker in the morning, then I drink no more than two packets (two 16oz water bottles) a day of the Crystal Light Energy. The wild strawberry is delicious!

I think the OP was concerned about artificial sweeteners.... and I'm pretty sure Crystal Light has lots of aspartame and colour.

I don't really get bored of water, and there are hundreds of herbal teas out there. Also, club soda with lemon, lime, orange juice, etc in it are good. Tetley makes "Infusions" which are made with sugar but one 50 cal pack makes 2 cups of flavoured water. I don't use it anymore but occasionally I have Now Foods "Vita Squenchers". It has xylitol and stevia. One pack makes 2 cups of drink with 15 calories, 3 carbs. I think it tastes pretty good and it has lots of good stuff in it.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    Anything with Aspartame is bad - it can slow or totally halt your weight loss. Crystal lite now has a Pure version with Stevia. I drink that and Trader Joe's fizzy flavored waters - no sweetener at all. Kicking aspartame to the curb has really helped my weight loss.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Mio is still a bunch of chemicals, "natural" or no. Here's a sample ingredient list from their Peach Tea flavor;

Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Contains Less Than 2% Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfamine Potassium, Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate

If you ditched diet soda for the artificial sweeteners, Mio still has them. I use mint, lemon, lime, and cucumber to jazz up my water. I also switch it up to drinking fizzy mineral water, and that seems to help too.

Thanks for listing the ingredients! (I was curious) It only contains 4 ingredients that are acceptable to me. Artificial sweeteners, propylene glycol, potassium sorbate, and colours make it a deal-breaker no matter how small the amount. Now I know to never buy it. :happy: