Just started excersises..weight gain..When loose?

Options
I have lost 27lbs before starting exercising. I just joined the gym I have read that after a work out if your muscles are sore that you are probably retaining water. And of course I am sore...and gained 2 lbs. But as I continue to work out will I always keep the water? It has been 2 days and no loss. At some point I need to lose some weight. I know it is not about the scale. But at my weight it is about the scale! I have used the recumbent and circuit training. When will things even out? I am sure my body is like what the F' are you doing as it has been years. I am not under eating. 1600-1800 cal a day low carb.

Replies

• stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It'll even back out. Just make sure to drink plenty of water and taking a mild walk will help with soreness.
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    How long does it take?
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I weigh 187 and I can easily move +/- 4 lbs in a day depending on my level of hydration. You are probably close to 2x that size. Just think about it. if one weighs 300lbs then 2 lbs is only 0.67% of your body weight. Don't obsess about less than 1% . It is in the noise.

Yes we all want the scale to reward us with a slightly lower number each day. But it just does not work that way. I also observer that anytime I overdo it (exercise wise) the scale will rebound upwards for a few days.

You have not exercised hard in years. How long it takes for your body to adjust to the new stresses you have put on it is unknown but it will probably be longer than the 2-3 days I typically see.

Give yourself time to adapt. You are doing good things for yourself. Don't get lost just because it takes time for your body to catch up with them.