Eat More to Loose Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• BeantownSooner
    Options
    Perfect just remember to eat them back and you should be good to go.

On the last comment, I agree with your statement that it can get pricey to eat healthy! A couple more tricks that I did that you might find helpful:

Create a grid on a piece of paper with 3 - 4 columns and 4-5 rows on it. The columns are meals and the rows are Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner

Either go through the Meal plan and find 3-4 for each that you like or use the Portion plan to make your own

If you can attempt to repeat ingredients across the meals as much as humanly possible. For example, a bag of red potatoes could be used for 1-2 weeks as one of your carbs, buy family packs of chicken breast and cook at once for 2-3 days, etc. Use the left overs for protein on salad, etc.

Cook a dozen hard boiled eggs at a time and use as part of your breakfast

A good protein shake with a dairy (say 1 cup Skim or 1% milk), 1 cup frozen berries and serving of protein powder for breakfast every day knocks off a Protein, a Dairy and your fruit for the day.

Whole grains like brown rice and quinoa are also things you can bulk and easily add your favorite veggies to, add some spice of your choosing and add some of your left over Protein as well.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Plug your numbers in here and it will tell you how many calories you should eat for your goals. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Coolest site ever. Thanks!

You're welcome. :flowerforyou: One thing, though, if you use those numbers you don't need to worry about eating back exercise calories because it adds it in for you. That got me in trouble at first so I stopped logging exercise.