Same food everyday is that bad?

Options
I have found to love a tortilla with turkey, whipped cream cheese, lots of lettuce, and a dill pickle to be my favorite. So does having a variety in meals help keep one's motovation going? I am doing really great better than I first thought I would. I have learned that some people say they get burnt out.

Replies

• VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I'd say, whatever works for you!! :smile:
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Variety = expensive, so we pretty much eat the same every week. We mix up the meals but its still alot of tomato, turkey burger, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, potatoes, and your basic frozen veggies. I am cooking a pot of beans for this week, though.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Just track your nutrients.

I think most of us have favorites that work for us.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating the same things day in and day out, that may make it easier to manage portion control. Food boredom may lead to weight loss.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20110722/food-boredom-may-lead-to-weight-loss
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Only if that food doesn't fit your calories, macronutrients/micronutrients.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I think preparing/eating the same meals on a regular basis makes it a little easier because it's something we like that we don't even have to think about anymore when we prepare it. I would probably advise against the same thing for every meal (i don't think that's what you meant though), a certain amount of variety is needed to get all your vitamins, etc.

As for wondering if "variety in meals help keep one's motovation going" that's going to be something only you can answer for yourself!