WEIRDO FRIEND REQUESTS?

Options
TropicalFlowerz
TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
OK, SOO, I JOINED AUG 1ST, AND I'M EITHER GETTING FRIENDED BY GUYS I DONT KNOW (NOT HAPPENIN) OOOOOR!! CHICKS WHO CLEARLY HAVE EATTING DISORDERS,WANTING TO TRADE "DIET TIPS",.REALLY???? .WHATS THEIR TIP ??!!!! DONT EAT!!!! NO THANX ,I'M HERE TO GEY FIT AND HEALTHY ,THATS ALL FOLKS!!! JUST SAY'IN~AMEE

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I don't put up a pic of myself because of the guys.

Also I am really tired of these people selling herbalife on here too. I get tons of people trying to sell me stuff.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    HOW YOU DOIN? :flowerforyou:
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had one friend request, but their profile said they were looking for anorexic friends, don't know why they thought that was me, but I declined.
    As above I think not having a picture of yourself helps.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had one friend request, but their profile said they were looking for anorexic friends, don't know why they thought that was me, but I declined.

well, you are obviously under weight in that blue head photo.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Change your pic, no one mess with superheros. :laugh: I can feel you though. I've not gotten any of those here. But a couple of my facebook friends are into "alternative" solutions, neither involving diet or exercise, and keep posting things about it. I wouldn't care but some on my friends list are young girls and I find this unhealthy. I've kept them as friend but unsubscribed.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Dude clearly needs some protein.
  • eevers
    eevers Posts: 15
    Options
    That's just creepy. All my friends have come from a mom help site that I use, so I feel motivated to get the baby weight off. I haven't had any other requests.....yet
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    First of all, please turn off the capslock, because computer etiquette says that capslock=yelling, which isn't fun to read.

Second, men on here have been super helpful in my time here, and unless they are openly hitting on you or saying something inappropriate, why not accept them? Friends=support.

No idea why the pro-anas are trying to friend you, if they are openly pro-anas, please report them, at the MFP creators' request, ad they do not wish to support people in their eating disorders, unless they are trying to recover from their disorders. MFP promotes health and fitness, not thin-no-matter-what.

Edited for typo
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

Haha! Before I started lifting I had a weight ticker, I'm a small person so don't weigh much so I guess thats why they chose me, they wouldve been horrified at my full food diary though I'm sure!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've never had anyone send me a friend request to sell my herbalife, try to hit on me, or assume I'm anorexic.
    :ohwell:
    I just have some great ladies (& one guy) that are all trying to lose weight & want support.

And just to add- I only "know" two of my friends. I think many of us here are looking for new friends (male or female) for support. So it is common to get friend requests from people you don't know.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OK, SOO, I JOINED AUG 1ST, AND I'M EITHER GETTING FRIENDED BY GUYS I DONT KNOW (NOT HAPPENIN) OOOOOR!! CHICKS WHO CLEARLY HAVE EATTING DISORDERS,WANTING TO TRADE "DIET TIPS",.REALLY???? .WHATS THEIR TIP ??!!!! DONT EAT!!!! NO THANX ,I'M HERE TO GEY FIT AND HEALTHY ,THATS ALL FOLKS!!! JUST SAY'IN~AMEE
    I would urge EVERYONE to report any eating disordered members asking to befriend you as I know MFP is trying to crack down on this. I also know MFP is very popular in the 'Pro Ana' world so beware. I'm a member here since 2010 and have only ever had one friend request. I recently posted looking for help after losing too much weight (I have a history of anorexia) and within minutes of posting I had many, many friend requests and messages querying how I lost it (my BMI is 16.5 so I'm hardly something to aspire to :( ). I had the post deleted as I never, ever want to be inspiration to somebody's self-destruction.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE U YELLING AT US?!!?
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    THANX TO THOSE WHO TRULY LISTEND,..AND TO THOSE WHO JUST WORRY BOUT PUNCTUATION, OR CAP LOCKS ,GET OVER YURSELF,..WE'RE HERE TO GET FIT AND HEALTHY,~ SMOOCHES! :tongue:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    OKAY! THANKS FOR THE LOVE!:bigsmile:
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I AM A WEIRDO WITH AN EATING DISORDER AND AN HERBALIFE SIDE BUSINESS. PLEASE QUIT IGNORING MY FRIEND REQUESTS!!!
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I AM A WEIRDO WITH AN EATING DISORDER AND AN HERBALIFE SIDE BUSINESS. PLEASE QUIT IGNORING MY FRIEND REQUESTS!!!

I like what this guy has to say.......

Although I am not selling anything..........................I could probably tell you some things to buy that may help you out on your weight loss journey. Maybe u r weird and there by attract weird ppl...
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options

I like what this guy has to say.......

Although I am not selling anything..........................I could probably tell you some things to buy that may help you out on your weight loss journey. Maybe u r weird and there by attract weird ppl...

lol. I was referring to people who troll the forums. For example, I replied on a thread a woman started about acid relux. A few minutes later I had a friend request from someone trying to sell herbalife products for acid reflux. lol. I don't even have acid relux, I stated in my post one of my dogs had it. I looked at her profile and could tell right away she was here to boost profits and nothing else.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    :sad: i don't get weirdo friend request :sad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBR6hUFFZcJ0KBeyPzHU41lNFwgGEXjxUFi3AmqULIqKujjJRJ3A
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    on a side note

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFjpCp_qO7LYqnOww5BtqTVY8VVR2VT92YDrtxdfDtPKAQDdHB
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    WE'RE HERE TO GET FIT AND HEALTHY,~ SMOOCHES! :tongue:

Spoken like a person not looking to get friend requests from weirdos.

... Are waffles weird? Just asking?