What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    There is not a single life goal I have that won't be easier to accomplish if I'm thin, fit, and attractive.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Terrified of being fat, honestly. I was only slightly overweight when I started.

Now, to get stronger! Never know when I'll need to punch someone out...
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    TO LOOK GOOD NAKED!!!!
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wanna join the Army.

Second reason is I want to walk into my ex's store after losing 50 pounds and rub it in. :tongue:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    A back problem so many aches and pains in my joints, I was heading toward 60 and I was scared. My body felt like an old ladies but I didn't feel old in my head. I figured losing the weight and getting strong would help me deal with old age better.:sad:

Also I am determined to be "Hot" one last time before I sink into my dotage. :wink:

When I am old I don't want people to say "How is she today?" I want them to say "What the hell is she up to now?":laugh:
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A few....my wedding and 10yr reunion in a year. Also though, Ive DREAMED of doing a 5K. There's a runner inside this big girl lol.

--and to be honest....I want to feel better with my fiance again. I'm so self conscious, I cannot enjoy things anymore
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be lighter. I want to be able to sprint upstairs instead of trudge. I want to ride my street bicycle up hills and not have to get off and walk it up. I want to be able to do jumping jacks. I want my b/f to be able to.....

I think I'll stop there. You get the idea. :wink:
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    I am uncomfortable at this weight.

And vanity. :happy:
  • Dave_MFP
    Dave_MFP Posts: 32
    Options
    Looking good on the beach.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I was fed up with feeling middle aged at 33. I am now 35 and feel younger again.
  • Dave_MFP
    Dave_MFP Posts: 32
    Options
    TO LOOK GOOD NAKED!!!!

Yeah, that too. :)
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I looked horrible.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    A few....my wedding and 10yr reunion in a year. Also though, Ive DREAMED of doing a 5K. There's a runner inside this big girl lol.

--and to be honest....I want to feel better with my fiance again. I'm so self conscious, I cannot enjoy things anymore

:drinker: I got a runner somewhere inside, too. Still haven't found her (although I catch glimpses once in awhile!) but she's here.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well at first it was because of my first real fat photo I seen of myself. Made me sick. But then the day I really decided to step up my game was the day I looked in the mirror and screamed at myself "I HATE YOU" and sat on my bed and cried because I hated myself and was feeling sorry for myself. I had to ask myself what crying about it was doing, what feeling sorry for myself was doing to fix it. So I cleaned myself up, took this photo and decided on September 22, 2011 that I was going to fix this. I lost 70lbs when I was pregnant because of Gestational Diabetes and had to for my baby. But when it came time for me to do it for me, I had gained 25.5 of that back so I took this photo of myself and haven't stopped yet. I am 15lbs from my ultimate weight loss goal.

205.jpg

This photo was my "My life is going to change today" photo. And this is where I am now.

DSCF6366.jpg

It started out being to change myself, so I could love myself, working hard on me has made me love myself. It's made me appreciate me. However it's also turned into doing it for my kids, setting an example. Just yesterday my 20 month old daughter got on the ground trying to do her pushup's lol. That just shows me that she sees me and she'll follow my example.

Oh my, what a difference!! You don't look like the same person anymore. You look so pretty but, more importantly, so HAPPY in the second picture :)

My reasons? I just feel so much happier, more confident and more worthwhile when I'm at my smallest.
  • eena56
    eena56 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    A back problem so many aches and pains in my joints, I was heading toward 60 and I was scared. My body felt like an old ladies but I didn't feel old in my head. I figured losing the weight and getting strong would help me deal with old age better.:sad:

Also I am determined to be "Hot" one last time before I sink into my dotage. :wink:

When I am old I don't want people to say "How is she today?" I want them to say "What the hell is she up to now?":laugh:

Awesome!!!
  • gregsonevans
    gregsonevans Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed type 2 diabetic but more importantly I really want to look good in my mankini
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Severe reflux started causing hoarseness with singing. I sing semi-professionally, and this was devastating to me. That was my red flag moment

It wasn't the time several months earlier when I had a blood pressure spike of 180/130 with chest pain that led to me being hospitalized and given the stress test and all that jazz. It took the problems affecting my singing to be my reason.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    I refuse to let MS control my life anymore.. I just finished walking my 4th 5k today.. and I have the warrior dash in 14 days. I am down a little over 30 lbs and I feel better than I have in years...

You go girl!!!! :happy:
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    To be healthier. To live longer. To run a half marathon To be the person I want to be.

The looking good ship sailed a long time ago but if, in the future as a result of this journey, someone decides they like me and something develops then I'll be happy with that as well.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    - Look my best.

- Feel my best.

- Become physically fit so I can enjoy the outdoors more fully.

- To outrun my family history of diabetes and heart disease.

- To find out what my body is capable of.

- To develop more discipline and self-control which I hope will carry over into other areas of my life.