What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    To prevent diabetis - but my short goal is to look better in the Mother of the Bride dress.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Partly health partly vanity.

First my Dad got diagnoised with diabetes and I have pretty poor ankle joints and hope that by loosing some weight the issues won't be as bad.

Secondly I've had it with being the frumpy, ugly duckling of the family, extended and close, so I thought fu it, I'm going to look hot- I'm going to be dropping jaws when I go cosplaying at LFCC next year.

So my honest reasons for loosing weight.
  • LeeLough
    LeeLough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly.....I wanna be able to fit into any normal jean without having a muffin top, I wanna sit down without having my belly roll over my jeans,I wanna feel COMFORTABLE and HAPPY in a bikini, and for gods sake I wanna have sex with the lights on!!!!!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have four daughters and I want to be a better, healthy, fit example for them... I want them to see me do this by working hard and understanding that I didn't get to where I was overnight and I am not going to become fit overnight as well. I do also miss being in shape and feeling great about my body.
  • eena56
    eena56 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    My little sister was always slightly bigger than me (not fat, just like a size 14 while I was a 10) Now she's in the Air Force and I got pregnant. She's lost a lot and I've gained. She offered to give me her old jeans (size 12) for post-preg wear. Well I'm a year after labor and I can't fit into them and now my sister is wearing 8's. Sooooo I'd like to get back down at least to a 10. I love my sister to death, and I'm gad she's fit and healthy, but part of me is definitely jealous of our reversed bodies :P I'd like us to be closer to the same so I don't feel like the fat one haha

Same! Up to last year I was always thinner than both my sisters... Now they are both thinner than me. Yep, I'm married and a mother now and they are not, but I don't want excuses.
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    Well mostly my reasons are pure vanity and I want to run a marathon some day.

And for the sake of being honest, there are a couple people I want to look better than... so I can "win". < WHOA that was real haha... But mostly for the two reasons above that last one! :)
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Honest answers only! What is your number one reason for losing weight?

Do you just want to look awesome? Feel healthy? Run a race? Do it for someone else? Find a spouse? Become a model?

Mine is vanity. Just want to look the best I can!

my reason: i want to look hot as hell naked when i look in a mirror.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple: fat's boring. I couldn't do much of anything at my starting weight, and I kinda hate limits, especially the self-imposed kind.

I have to admit, too, that I get a little kick out of the (mostly male, mostly middle-aged) clients of my husband's business will be looking at him with envy when he introduces his hot young wife. :blushing:
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My initial reason was because I couldnt stand what I saw in the mirror. Self confidence was at 0%.
    Now that Ive lost a good bit, it has a lot to do with vanity. I want the cuts in my arms and legs (there will never be any ab definition due to stretch marks and flab, and the fact that I hold weight in my mid section). Every day I make a good choice, the better I will look.
    I want to feel sexy for my husband, and comfortable in my own skin at work.
    I want to continue to inspire the ppl around me.
    I want my children to know what being healthy is, and I want to be around for them as long as I can.
    I dont/didn't want to look back at a lifetime of being fat and regret every health decision I did NOT make.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I don't want to hate myself anymore.

Even though a lot of the problems are mental and fixing my weight is only one teeny tiny part of it, I can't help but think that reaching this goal and putting the work into reaching this goal will not only make me like the way I look, but also prove to myself that I actually can do something worthwhile and not fail.

Plus, I wanna live in New York City some day. Only beautiful people live in New York City.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Health - I want to live a long life

Vanity - I want to look the best I can and wear the clothes I've always wanted

I'm sick and tired of being the "big girl." I want to prove that I can do this once and for all.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I wish looking good naked was an option, but after 2 children, one caesarean and a million stretch marks, that's never going to happen. I find it very depressing that no matter how thin or fit I get or how much I lower my BF, I will never have an even vaguely respectable stomach.
  • Mandi6278
    Options
    Because I want to shop at Ann Taylor instead of Lane Bryant.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't like how I look.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Because I want to shop at Ann Taylor instead of Lane Bryant.

YES!!! (love this)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Because I was slim and sexy for most of my life and I want that back. And carrying around an extra 50-70 pounds is really uncomfortable...it hurts knees, ankles, and back. Plus I waddle(d). So I want my self back.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    At first? My sister has a baby 4 months ago and was thinner than me, a fact I found appalling. Now, just generally to look good and be happier about my body.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    To be the very best me!

Screw the bikini....I want to look good naked! Period. The end.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I want my outside to match my inside.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thegirl tht my ex broke up with me for is soooo skinny....so yeah :frown: