Old Member Restarting, 23 years old, 120 pounds to lose.

Options
Hello! My name is Nic and I am 23 years old. I have about 120 pounds to lose. I have been struggling with my weight for practically my whole life. I'm not new to MFP. I have used it on and off for a while. I have tried many things, like Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, home diets, etc. I do well for like 3 weeks, then I fall off the wagon and it takes me forever to get back on.

I realized I really needed to lose weight on one of my vacations. We went ziplining and there was a weight limit of 250 pounds. It was the first time I was ever pulled aside and asked to step on a scale. Luckily I was a couple pounds under, but I knew I had to lose this weight because my family likes vacations like this. I had a good start, and then fell off.

Then I started to try losing weight for my graduation. I got just over 15 pounds down cooking for myself and recording calories and what not. I could have done more, but I started getting stressed out with finals and making sure I pass all my classes so I could graduate. I moved home thinking I could do this, and have gained everything plus some back. Because of family issues at home, I eat out at least once a day. Recently, I have been eating more of the food at home, but I wish I could be always eating in. I eat out so much that I'm tired of everything and I really just want a home cooked meal. Even if I stay home, my home cooked meal isn't very good.

My boyfriend and I recently decided to give this a shot again. His Lolo (grandfather) passed away and one of the last things he said to my boyfriend was to take care of his weight and his health. So we decided to start up again.

This is almost the end of week 1. I do record my food and, but not the way some of you may think I should. I do not add it in to record calories because I find it stressful. I may go back to that once we find a place, and I can start cooking. I know recording calories are important, it's just too hard right now with always eating out. Also, the calories burned seems really wrong on this site.

Next week I will be starting the 6 week programs for 100 push ups, 150 dips, 200 sit ups and 200 squats. I got this information off another forum, and thought it was a cool thing to get started with. I have already taken the inital tests. I will also be starting the C25K next week. I'm super excited to get back into running again.

I am looking for friends that will help keep me motivated. I have a lot of really good friends already on this site, but I feel like you can never have too many people who know what you're going through.

Replies

• SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Nic and I am 23 years old. I have about 120 pounds to lose. I have been struggling with my weight for practically my whole life. I'm not new to MFP. I have used it on and off for a while. I have tried many things, like Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, home diets, etc. I do well for like 3 weeks, then I fall off the wagon and it takes me forever to get back on.

I realized I really needed to lose weight on one of my vacations. We went ziplining and there was a weight limit of 250 pounds. It was the first time I was ever pulled aside and asked to step on a scale. Luckily I was a couple pounds under, but I knew I had to lose this weight because my family likes vacations like this. I had a good start, and then fell off.

Then I started to try losing weight for my graduation. I got just over 15 pounds down cooking for myself and recording calories and what not. I could have done more, but I started getting stressed out with finals and making sure I pass all my classes so I could graduate. I moved home thinking I could do this, and have gained everything plus some back. Because of family issues at home, I eat out at least once a day. Recently, I have been eating more of the food at home, but I wish I could be always eating in. I eat out so much that I'm tired of everything and I really just want a home cooked meal. Even if I stay home, my home cooked meal isn't very good.

My boyfriend and I recently decided to give this a shot again. His Lolo (grandfather) passed away and one of the last things he said to my boyfriend was to take care of his weight and his health. So we decided to start up again.

This is almost the end of week 1. I do record my food and, but not the way some of you may think I should. I do not add it in to record calories because I find it stressful. I may go back to that once we find a place, and I can start cooking. I know recording calories are important, it's just too hard right now with always eating out. Also, the calories burned seems really wrong on this site.

Next week I will be starting the 6 week programs for 100 push ups, 150 dips, 200 sit ups and 200 squats. I got this information off another forum, and thought it was a cool thing to get started with. I have already taken the inital tests. I will also be starting the C25K next week. I'm super excited to get back into running again.

I am looking for friends that will help keep me motivated. I have a lot of really good friends already on this site, but I feel like you can never have too many people who know what you're going through.
    100 push ups, 150 dips, 200 sit ups and 200 squats A DAY???
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Just a word of precaution. Be careful of the squats because of your size. I've been there so I'm not judging. Your knees may not be able to take the squats. Mine could not. Don't worry about the way others "think" you should do something. If you are in this for the long haul it has to be a lifestyle change you can do for the rest of your life, not just to lose weight now. It is helpful to have your boyfriend in this, too. Good luck to both of you.
  • squires03071986
    squires03071986 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :-)
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just a word of precaution. Be careful of the squats because of your size, not just to lose weight now. It is helpful to have your boyfriend in this, too. Good luck to both of you.
    That's what I was going to say!!!! Everyone kept telling me that the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1 was too hard for me and I could only do a few minutes of it, so I pushed myself and did the whole thing. I just wanted to prove I can do it. The two days were HELL on my quads (front thigh muscles) only. Everything else was fine. I am still sore today and because of that, I haven't done that video again. I could barely walk yesterday. After you do it, you feel okay but the next few days will be horrible. You'll be doing way more damage than good! I am 5'3 and 235 if that tells you anything. But of course I am not going to admit to those people how much pain I was in lol
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!
  • SophieW1988
    Options
    You go girl! You can do this!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

100 push ups, 150 dips, 200 sit ups and 200 squats A DAY???

No. It's a 6 week program that gets you to do that much consecutively. one of the websites is www.hundredpushups.com
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Just a word of precaution. Be careful of the squats because of your size, not just to lose weight now. It is helpful to have your boyfriend in this, too. Good luck to both of you.
    That's what I was going to say!!!! Everyone kept telling me that the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1 was too hard for me and I could only do a few minutes of it, so I pushed myself and did the whole thing. I just wanted to prove I can do it. The two days were HELL on my quads (front thigh muscles) only. Everything else was fine. I am still sore today and because of that, I haven't done that video again. I could barely walk yesterday. After you do it, you feel okay but the next few days will be horrible. You'll be doing way more damage than good! I am 5'3 and 235 if that tells you anything. But of course I am not going to admit to those people how much pain I was in lol

To both of you.. thank you for the precaution. I will give it a try. I do have knee problems. I will give it a try, and if i feel like they are harming me, I will stop and wait to do it later on. thank you.
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    girl add me! i need to lose 75 pounds!!! i' m looking for anyone to motivate or vise-versa! you're beautiful though and you can do this!
  • Lousalt4
    Lousalt4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have just joined this site am motivated so far (but only week one) like you i ofter get a couple of weeks in and loose the motivation.

please add me as a friend we can support each other - want to loose (at least) 100 lb

thanks

louise
  • Hi Nic--I'm way older than you but I could certainly relate to much of what you wrote, specifically more than 100 pounds to lose, motivated then falling off, etc. I had to laugh that you're an "old member" and only 23. I'm 63 so I think I qualify more as an "old" member than you do. I know that's not what you meant, but it did make me smile.

I like the food diary because I have to be accountable for what I eat and put down everything. If it ends up double my daily calorie recommendation, so be it. If I'm not losing, that could explain why. I find I just don't have a concept of how much I'm eating unless I put it down where I (and my nutritionist) can see it.

I'd be delighted if you friend me.