What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i don't like my body when i am heavier /squidgy-er
    :sick:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Health to be free of meds. Hypertension that came on during pregnancy over 9 years ago. It leveled out a couple times without meds but always comes back when weight goes up.
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I lost my husband to smoking and being overweight four years ago..... While, He lived his life the way he wanted and was a happy man. He was my best friend and I feel I did not do enough to get him to live healthier/quit smoking.

As much as I live my life the way I want to as well, I want to live a healthier lifestyle, than we did.

So, I quit smoking and now losing weight.

So I do it for many reasons, to honer my late husband and for a very selfish reason... for me to live and be a much better example to our kids and grandkids.
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    Better clothes :)
  • xiola511
    xiola511 Posts: 22
    Options
    Revenge
    Depression
    Feeling like a fat failure
    Wanting to feel good about myself
    Wanting others to look at me and say "Damn"!
    To look in the mirror and smile and instead of look away real quick
    To start posting pictures of me on Facebook again
    To fit into any clothing besides yoga pants and maternity clothing
    and one that keeps me going.....
    One of the only things in my life I have complete control over. I can control what goes in my mouth and how much I excerise. There is not much else in my life I feel I have that much control over.

yes - what she said:):wink:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I don't want to die before I am 50 like my mother did. She died because of gastric bypass "mistake" by the Doctor. She thought that was her "cure". It wasn't and I have to suffer for that mistake and won't do that to those that are left and make the same incorrect choice.
  • Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My real reason for losing weight is to stay healthy and trim and not have diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Those diseases run in my family and some of them passed away with it, including my dad and my uncle and aunt, and my grandparents. I don't want to have any of those things that cause me to slow down and stop, because I can prevent disease from occurring inside me.
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Have you ever went to get on a roller coaster and didn't fit in the seat? Cringed when they would seat you at a booth in a restaurant? Prayed the seat belts were long enough? I decided that I would not worry about those things ever again. Half way to goal now.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I was trapped in my house from 2007-2009 and unable to stand for more than 20 seconds at a stretch... I had a computer chair I ripped the back off of that I would wheel myself from room to room... Actually it was more like my 10th or 11th computer chair because I kept breaking the welds..... At 560 lbs. something had to change, so you know when someone says they hit ROCK BOTTOM!! well yep that was me.... 3 days in a chair with a loaded hang gun will do that to a person.... On the 3rd day a made a choice...... I choose LIFE!!! and I've never looked back since...... Best of Luck.....
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I am 35 and over 17 stone, my Mum is 55 and has just been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes. I do not want to get it. I want to be healthy and this was a wake up call for me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and strong.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    To improve my overall health and to be able to find clothes easily in most clothing stores.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    To not be fat anymore. :P
  • eena56
    eena56 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    So i can see my willy, to see what all the fuss is about ;-)

Ha!
  • xiola511
    xiola511 Posts: 22
    Options
    Have you ever went to get on a roller coaster and didn't fit in the seat? Cringed when they would seat you at a booth in a restaurant? Prayed the seat belts were long enough? I decided that I would not worry about those things ever again. Half way to goal now.

omg - i know exactly how that feels.....
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    to look good NAKED! :)
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight for me. I want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im hoping it will improve my self esteem, making me not so socially awkward haha So far its been working :)
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    To reach the point where I can love myself both outside and inside. For me, they're connected.

I look in the mirror and hate what I see reflected, and then I look deeper and hate what I've allowed myself to become.

When I break this cycle, I know I will have reached not only a heathly weight goal, but a healthly mind goal as well.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I am in great health, despite the extra pounds on me, but I would love to feel more energetic. Dragging around extra weight, I sometimes feel I am lumbering around, and not feeling as light and lithe as I would like. I would also like to look and feel better in my clothes. At my age (57), I have no illusions about rocking a bikini. If this were my goal, I'm afraid this is what I have to look forward to:

trump2.jpg