What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• Biggy5890
    Biggy5890 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honestly..... and this is weird, I know.

I want to look amazing this Halloween as The Silk Spectre from Watchmen

Oh, and my health.

But, come on guys, it's really hard to pull off thigh highs and latex.
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Admittedly orginally for vantiy,
    There was a pic of me on facebook from a party and I was so embrassed of how chubby I looked (especially in comparsion to my slimmer friends) I vowed to make a change so I'd never look that way again.
    I wanted a slim yet curvy body that looked nice in and out of clothes.
    As I went along it changed from not only achieving my dream body but also being healthy, fit and athletic. To be able to walk around campus without getting winded etc.
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No longer want to be the fat guy. Want to have women look at me, not try to look around me
  • MNHoelscher
    Options
    Honestly? I agree, mine is vanity. I know my family has a lot of heart problems and such, and of course I want to be healthy... but it's seriously, honestly, 95% my looks. My self-esteem relies greatly on my weight! When I was at my goal weight (once upon a time, I got there in a very unhealthy way) I did feel like I was at the top of the world! I really want to feel like that again. Not be afraid to talk about food (I feel like people will judge me, thinking, ''That fat girl's talking about food?") or do something silly in public. Like me being overweight is going to stop me from something.

I'm 5'4'' and 152 lbs now.
    Aiming to be 120-125 lbs and toned up in six months or so.
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Vanity (don't like the way my body looks naked)
    Revenge (tired of people making assumptions based on what I weigh)
    Flexibility (used to be able to dance; miss having that flexibility)
    Freedom from pain (knee pain, back pain...)
    Being able to climb stairs without being winded (second story in a walk up sucks)
    Reduction of PCOS symptoms (hirsutism, irregularity)
    Being able to shop at Hollister instead of Penningtons (or worse, shopping online)
    Being able to buy lingerie that doesn't cost 150-200% more (*grrr*)
    Self-respect (see vanity)
    I want to hit my 40th birthday and have my waistline be lower than my age for the first time in my life.
    I want my body to be more congruent with the person I feel like I am
    I want the energy to have fun with my life
    Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Mostly, I miss the body I had when I was 19. I'm 39 now, so it's unlikely I'll get that body all the way back, but I'd be willing to settle for the body I had when I was 25. :)

All I want is to be a 14-16 again so I can shop where everyone else shops and not have to pay the premium prices for the SAME DAMNED CLOTHES just because they're bigger. *Grrrrr!!* So I guess that's my primary reason. It seems kind of silly put like that, doesn't it?

I started this journey when my doctor basically sussed me out. I went to an ob-gyn, got on some diabetes meds, and started eating in the way my body needs for me to lose weight (which bears about as much resemblance to the AHA guidelines as a paper kite does to a 747) and being a little more active.

Tired of my mother, my doctor, my coworkers, my friends all ragging on me about my weight; about the only person who DOESN'T is my boyfriend. Tired of people assuming I'm fat and lazy and I eat all day long - the only one of those things that is true is that I'm fat. So to hell with them. I'll prove them all wrong now that I finally have an ob-gyn on my side who understands the problem and is willing to help me.

=B=
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    To look hot in swimwear and be able to wear whatever clothes I like without looking like a fatty bumbum

Be healthy and live longer

To show those evil evil drugs that made me this way to start with (not to mention the other effects) that I have beaten them and they havent ruined my life after all.
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was sad after I lost my daughter Star and I just went... running... (ok forest humor was needed to break up that depressing part) then I just kept on going... and really I enjoyed it (working out and eating!) and fact was I was/am fat so it needed to be done
    I know your pain my husband and I lost our daughter too, I was in shock couldnt move, felt like dying, the weight spiraled and I got fatter then a son of a gun. Fat was my shield from everyone but I was sick and tried of being this obese woman, I want to feel hot and sexy like I did once! Now I'm losing, I'm feeling sexy! I want to be the hot and sexy mom I once was. oh and for my husband can't keep his hands off of me,woot woot!
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I swore I would just be the fat, lonely, single chick for the rest of my life last December.
    I finally found someone whom I want to marry one day.
    I don't want to be a fat bride.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Honestly..... and this is weird, I know.

I want to look amazing this Halloween as The Silk Spectre from Watchmen

Oh, and my health.

But, come on guys, it's really hard to pull off thigh highs and latex.

OMG - so totally NOT weird! I said last Halloween that THIS would be the year that I wear the skanky costume and NOT apologize for it! And I am SoOoOoOooO gonna do it, too! Bring on October 31st!
  • plymouth2119
    Options
    Just tired of being called a fata**, went from 228- to 151 (5'3) in a year..to the girl who told me i need to take my fata** back to applebees, look at me now.... lets just say i saw a pic of her today, and she is heavier now than i was last year....i am not one to call people names.....but you know, i just made her eat her words....I dont flaunt myself or take pics of myself on facebook, because its none of her business how i look like now!! I eat very healthy now and would like to loose another 14lbs....Very happy with myself!!
  • Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    honestly? control

I want to weigh what I weigh because I chose it. I have run through every reason out there for motivation but I really want what I want. I want to cross country ski, horse back ride, white water rafting, volleyball, basketball, and yep even run and oh so much more. I am only 35! I am not 85. My mother at 65 could do more athletic stuff than I could (not anymore btw =)).
    I want to wear clothes I like.
    More choices and I pray my kids seeing me do this everyday and remember, so someday they make the same choice I did and that was to imitate my mother.
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    Vanity and health!!!!! Funniest thing thou--none of my beautiful pieces (rings) of jewelry fit anymore.:wink:
  • AndreaEscobar100
    Options
    Because It's better to workout in the morning then to wake up everyday and not like my body at all.
  • AndreaEscobar100
    Options
    Add me guys. My old account got deleted so I have to start all over again
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    My health...

And I want a boyfriend ): I suppose that's the real reason. I just want guys to look at me and actually be interested for once. I'm sick of being the fat chick/fat friend.
  • shatteredsmile
    Options
    I want to look awesome, fit in my old jeans, buy also I want to be physically fit, and enjoy setting fitness goals for myself:) it didn't start out that way though haha
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm already pretty healthy and I definitely wanna maintain that. But mostly for vanity reasons. Beyond losing weight, I wanna gain more muscle because I like feeling strong, since I was never athletic or anything growing up.
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    I have a twin and I was tired of being the "fat" twin and just plain tired of being fat and not wearing what i wanted to wear.. I felt like it wasnt my body.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I want to have great, mind blowing sex.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    100% truth- I maybe was never the prettiest or skinniest girl but I always was able to walk into a room and command attention, I had guys ( and girls) falling all over me, I felt sexy 100% of the time 24/7, I looked good, I felt good. Then I had kids and lost alot of myself and gained alot of weight. Midway through my second pregnancy I started here to keep myself in check.
    I have been working pretty hard to get myself back, body, mind adn spirit. And its working!!!!

Today while driving down the highway this seriously hot guy driving a delivery truck was flirting with me, pulling up next to me blowing me kisses, waving, beeping for 4 exits!!!! He even waved buy and blew a kiss when I took my exit ramp lol
    I know its silly but I felt like "Ah, I'm finally back :) " And hubby and I are at it like rabbits again <3 he can't keep his hands off me and I can't keep away from the mirror