8 months ago today I was 101lbs heavier (PICS)

Options

Replies

• sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    wow, you look great. Great Inspiration!!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I love the look on your face in the after pics! Much more confident!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look as fantastic as you feel :)
  • pinkest_mom
    Options
    you are very inspiring!
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. And I agree, what an awesome victory - collar bones.

Any advice? 101 lbs in 8 months. What was your success??
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    WOW 101 pounds in 8 months that is incredible. You look awesome. way to go.
  • CLoney85
    CLoney85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!You really look great!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a change ! Well done.
  • bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats on conquering the binge eating monster! Binge eating disorder is brutal, and I'm still fighting it. You look absolutely beautiful, and your confidence and happiness in your own skin just shines through those photos. Stay strong!
  • Samiannie26
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic. :smile:

I lost 113lbs back in 2008 but have put it all back on (plus some more). Your photos are an inspiration for me to lose it all again and try harder at keeping it off this time.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. And I agree, what an awesome victory - collar bones.

Any advice? 101 lbs in 8 months. What was your success??

All I can say is take it one day at a time. I always set myself up for failure in the past because I told myself I'd never be able to eat smaller amounts and healthier things forever. I started telling myself I didn't have to do it forever and that I just had to do it today. The next day I'd do the same thing. Now I can't even eat more than two slices of pizza without feeling sick... I used to eat an entire Papa Johns pizza to myself... in one sitting.

Really, all I do is eat smaller amounts and make sure the majority of what I eat is healthy with a decent amount of protein. I only eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm not hungry any more so that I don't get too full. I took up running earlier this year and became hooked pretty quick. Finding an exercise that I loved was a huge factor in actually working out. I don't see it as a chore at all. I just see it as that thing I love to do and the thing that makes me feel free. Adrenaline rushes are pretty cool too. ;)

Oh and one important thing: NEVER ever tell yourself you've failed if you screw up. I've binged twice since being on MFP and I told myself that I just had to not do it again. No more of that, "Oh I already screwed up. I might as well go back to eating a lot the rest of the day... and tomorrow..." That just puts you back in the same cycle of telling yourself it's okay to harm yourself and your body. It's also really hard to get back into a healthy eating routine if you view having 'treats' as messing up. Personally, I love chocolate and I will stab a ***** over it. (Okay, not really) I just have a smaller amount and not 5 candy bars now.
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You are a new person. Love the lighter hair color also.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    wow!!! amazing!!!! you look awesome!! and you can see it in your eyes how happy you are!
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Absolutely amazing ... you inspire me so much!!! Thank you for this!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing ... you inspire me so much!!! Thank you for this!

Congratulations on your first pound lost! You're well on your way.
  • Melthrash
    Melthrash Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing,great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!