Proud to be British!!

Options
mummy_gerdes
mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
I am so proud to be a plymouthian and british after our olympic games!! so proud of tom daley! bronze medal. congrats to all from the USA and China for their medals in the diving! and congrats to all the countries that took part. it was an amazing games. xxx

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I am so proud to be a plymouthian and british after our olympic games!! so proud of tom daley! bronze medal. congrats to all from the USA and China for their medals in the diving! and congrats to all the countries that took part. it was an amazing games. xxx

yapyap.gif The way you phrased that, it sounds like no other countries won any medals.

How about:
    Congratulations to Katie Taylor. 5 times European Champion, 4 times World Champion and now Olympic Gold medallist in the Lightweight division in boxing.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Me too.

Not just for our athletes, but also our fans. I was at Wembley today to watch Brazil v Mexico, and most people there were British, but there was still a great atmosphere.

I would also like to thank anyone on MFP that was an Olympics volunteer (British or otherwise), you were great and the games would not have run so smoothly without you.

But yep, out athletes outdid themselves, and I now have a mental struggle as to whether to vote for Mo or Wiggins as BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    Well, I'm proud that my country won three medals, even if it doesn't look like much compared to the massive amount of medals other countries won.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit sad that it's coming to an end. It's the first Olympics that I've watched right through. And yes I'm proud to be British :smile:
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm proud that my country won three medals, even if it doesn't look like much compared to the massive amount of medals other countries won.

i think that any one who won medals or even took part is amazing!! it takes a hell of a lot of dedication and training to do what they do.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It has been an amazing Olympics.

As a Londoner I feel so privileged to have experienced it on my doorstep.

Farah v Ennis v Wiggins for SPOTY. Who can call it?
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Everyone has done fantastic.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SO AM I! Just teared up a little at the BBC's montage! haha

yapyap.gif The way you phrased that, it sounds like no other countries won any medals.

How about:
    Congratulations to Katie Taylor. 5 times European Champion, 4 times World Champion and now Olympic Gold medallist in the Lightweight division in boxing.
    ohmydays cheer up! she was talking about the diving in which no other countries won a medal!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It has been an amazing three weeks.

Rio has a lot to live up to.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It has been an amazing Olympics.

As a Londoner I feel so privileged to have experienced it on my doorstep.

Farah v Ennis v Wiggins for SPOTY. Who can call it?

Each of the three has embodied, in their own way, the spirit of the games. All inspiring human beings. I wouldn't want to have to pick between them.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You Brits did AWESOME. Awesome games.... awesome medal tally.

As an Australian I can't tell you how hard that is to say ('cause we did pretty bad) :drinker:

*congrats to the Ausssies who did win though* *Sally Pearson you bloody rippa*
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons why Britain is GREAT Britain! :wink:

RULE BRITANNIA!

As for S.P.O.T.Y -- I genuinely couldn't chose!

All Olympians deserved their place in our amazing city this year, it was some seriously memorable games.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I can't help to feel my patriotism bubbling up. I'm also proud to British, this has been an amazing show. :drinker:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

RULE BRITANNIA!

All Olympians deserved their place in our amazing city this year, it was some seriously memorable games.
    Actually, I always thought "Great Britain" was a perfect example of the definition of oxymoron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron

:tongue:
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm from Plymouth too (Moved to Wales) I'm very proud of our country!

We have exceeded all expectations!

YAY BRITAIN!!!

:happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • ShaunMc1968
    Options

RULE BRITANNIA!

Actually, I always thought "Great Britain" was a perfect example of the definition of oxymoron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron

:tongue:

The fact you had to give a definition of oxymoron denotes something - being British, no definition was needed.

Anyway, fantastic Games. Congratulations to all athletes who took part and some fantastic individual performances including Luke Campbell who took Gold - I think he beat an Irishman. The citizens of the City of London, it's volunteers, organisers and everyone who attended made it a spectacular event. A brilliant festival of sport.

Am very proud to be British. :drinker:
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    In the immortal words of a fairly famous Brit. "All right my loves? Good games, good games!"